1/200 AMT Man in Space

Greetings!

Early NASA space program in 1/200 scale with a great many modifications to the kit, especially the spacecraft.  Aftermarket decals, plywood base, and steel rod supports along with a general rework of the printed card display items that came with the kit.  Many thanks for having al look, questions and comments are most welcome.

Bill

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3074a.jpg

IMG_3173a.jpg

IMG_3162a.jpg

IMG_3193a.jpg

IMG_3122a.jpg

IMG_3094a.jpg

IMG_3190a.jpg

IMG_3125a.jpg

IMG_3160a.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3161_A.jpg

IMG_3181a.jpg

IMG_3189a.jpg

IMG_3097a.jpg

IMG_3188a.jpg

IMG_3170a.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3085a.jpg

IMG_3201a.jpg

IMG_3179.jpgIMG_3152a.jpg

IMG_3156a.jpg

• Like 18

A great collection of legacy space-craft and a real tribute to your building / painting skills, my friend. 

I will resort to using a rusty, old cliche here, but "they don't build 'em like that any more!"

Thanks for sharing.

Chris.  

On 1/27/2018 at 6:05 AM, Jeddahbill said:

Many thanks for all the comments and questions.  The Mercury spacecraft escape towers came from an old 1/350 photo etch warship set.  Details can be seen in these WIP photos . . . .

Cool, thanks a lot!

• 4 weeks later...

Oooh. Lovely paint job. Black and white checker is a nightmare, and yours are very crisp.

I think your Saturn V needs to be rotated 180 degrees, so that the vertical motion target (the vertical black dashed line) on the second stage faces the tower. It's at Position II (between the A and B markers on the first stage) and that's the side that had all the tower connections.

Did the Saturn V launch tower come with the kit?

Who did your aftermarket decals?

Many thanks everyone for the kind words!   All of the rockets are mounted on metal rods and can be removed or rotated, so the Saturn V can easily be positioned to the proper launch configuration - Thanks for the tip!   The launch tower came with the kit, but I modified it a bit for the display shown in the images.  The decals are from Tango Papa decals and are very good, but fragile.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for having a look and the comments!  An image of the Tango Papa decal sheet can be seen here:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tango-papa-complete-decals-amt-200-407435429

This is a very comprehensive set with duplicates.  Some of the larger decals are challenging and can be cut into smaller segments to add in placement.

Bill