Trumpeter Display Stand + Pedestal Stands = much more attractive

DInfnDA.jpg

pBPOKxC.jpg

( note the images are from imgur - so are safe ! )

I thought the forum might be interested in a method of making the Trumpeter ' Dry Dock Style ' Display Stand much more attractive -

I have used 2 Silver Pedestal stands that I bought on ebay last year . You can easily find them for sale elsewhere ( eg Pontos or Mk1 Design - do them )
I went to a local Metal Engineer Firm and got my 2 Silver Ship Pedestals ready to fix to the Repulse Kit Hull of my 1/350 HMS Repulse .󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I have used the black plastic Trumpeter Kit Display Stand ( this was strengthened underneath ( my idea ) with
2 Aluminium Base Supports to transfer the weight of the completed Model to the ground surface - rather than just onto two areas ( which might be potentially weak ) of kit plastic of the Kit Dry Dock display stand ( better safe than sorry ) .
I have taken a few photos to show you - note the Silver Pedestals did NOT have any bolts or washers supplied  - so the new ones are made of Steel = total cost for me £ 18
and I think that's not a bad price for the work involved and the craftsmanship . This is British Engineering 1f1ec_1f1e7.png 🇬🇧 !!

just to show what you can use to make the Trumpeter kit display stand a lot nicer

Edited by 73north
  • Like 2

Too elaborate for my taste, I think the simpler the better, especially for modern vessels. I have some 'plain' brushed aluminium stand offs, from ebay for about £1.50 each, and just cut a slot to suit the keel size. Available in different diameters & heights, colours, etc

stoffs.jpg

• Like 1

The ones I bought are only £ 8.40 - plus postage - I think ' Clipper ' each to his own taste , if that plain style suits you , that is fine .

However , if you are spending a lot of time making a ship model special , then I feel a decorative pedestal - is frankly , a must have ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-Ship-D ... SwytlZq7YL ( sold )

These are the ones that I bought on Ebay , from the same seller , but there are others on e-bay as well ( search 1/350 Pedestals Ship )

note - these are selling out - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-Ship-Display-Pedestals-Nikel-scale-1-250-to-1-350-/263446606152

( please note - I have no financial or personal connection with any seller on ebay )

Edited by 73north