Staggerwing Bush plane

Hello all ... I just finished this earlier today. Its the old AMT Beech staggerwing. It sat unloved for about two years after i started it. So I decided to put it in the KUTA Group build section to finish it off. I couldn't figure out a paint scheme to do it in. I had originally thought when i started two years ago to do it in a military scheme. But this time i wanted civilian.

Well lack of the colors pushed me towards this idea. I chose to build the plane as a war weary liason aircraft, bought by a returning veteran. I figured he was trying to start a bush flying service in the territory of Alaska. I opted to scratch build ski’s and modify the kits main door. I thought a cargo plane needed to have the ability to load un-obstructed. Mike was my brother and was a great lover of the outdoors, sadly he passed in 2010. Enough for the back story onto the photo’s. 

wnJu7AW.jpg

JSW5KYs.jpg

MD80t6N.jpg

Jt4dU85.jpg

1CLh4yw.jpg

A1kVnqQ.jpg

I wanted it have a very rough look to it like the hand painted advertising, and the worn paint. I hope it looks good enough to pass muster. Have a great modeling day wherever you might be.

Dennis

• Like 7

Nice idea! There's a whole largely untapped field (!) of makeshift bush- and crop dusting planes that continue to perform their chores well after retirement age.

I think that the hand painted logos work great, since they contrast against the registration numbers.

Perhaps the landing gear would look more convincing if you'd painted the tyres, though…

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1