Junkers Ju88-C. Hobbycraft, 1/48.....some questions...

Artie

Hi all.... I've found this kit while digging into some boxes full of unbuilt kits I've been keeping at my parents' home for years. To my surprise, I found some old Hobbycraft kits, and  amongst them, a Ju-88C. The kit ccame as a present from a friend long, long, time ago. Looking into the box, he'd thrown in a Verlinden resin cockpit detail set (intended for the Monogram kit), a CMK resin detail set, a vacuform set of canopies, a pair of True Details resin wheels, a photoetched fret (unknown brand), and some spare decals running free into the box....

The thing is: After looking for any info about the HC Junkers Ju-88, all I've found are terribly bad comments about the kit's issues. I know it's not up to Dragon or Revell standards, but...is it as bad as they state..????

It's a pretty basic and soft-detailed kit, with empty wheel wells, funny (to say the least) cockpit, heavily engraved panel lines, and so....I've compared it against the Revell-Promodeller Ju-88-A, and the basic shape seems right to my eyes (well, at least without getting the parts off from the sprues).....

Wich are those mentioned issues...????? Everybody talks about them but no one really say wich are them....

I'd like to build a spanish air force example, so the underwing stores and diving brakes will be left away, as well as all the defensive machine guns......The following colour profile is wrong, as it depicts the diving brakes fitted.

Ju88A13-4Perfil0.jpg

Edited by Artie

IMHO, I think it can only be built as a "dirty little secret" kit - something you would never show anyone else! I had several, and for curiosity's sake, laid the parts on a Revell (Dragon) kit. My impression was that (from an accuracy point of view) you would be farther ahead hand carving something out of drift wood. (heavy scribing on one wing, almost none on the other, mis-shapen poorly size engines, Hershey bar wings, square fuselage etc)

That being said, a "dirty little secret" kit can be fun, as you have limited expectations, and can be quite experimental.  Build it as a fun, playtime project, and don't try to  make it a work of art, and enjoy!

That's  a bright advice....I think I'll build it just for fun, but will keep all those aftermarkets for a better option....The Promodeller kit will be a much better option to use those resins....

Cheers...!!!