Wildcat/Martlet 1/48 windscreen needed

doorgunner

Hello, I am building a long conversion to realize a Mk I early Martlet/G36A starting from an Hobby Boss early Wildcat in 48 scale. I have already modified the wings, all the upper and lower panelling, the gun openings, the engine, its cowl, the front fuselage and other details. Now I noticed that the windscreen got a front hole for the tube gunsight and also the two side frames. I wonder if anyone has a spare windscreen coming from the subsequent boxes with - at least - an holeless front glass. TIA all the best Maurizio

Hello Fernando, thanks a lot for your reply. Yes I saw that Rob Taurus are very nice and I were following one on ebay.

This very morning a modeller friend at work gave me a vac one ! Probably from squadron...tomorrow I will work on it to fit in place. Today I ve been busy with the strange two green tone colour mixing...

Thanks Maurizio

FYI, Maurizio, very early Martlets had the windscreen in a slightly more aft position.  There's a lengthy thread here, though I don't think the title will obvious.  As I recall, because of this rearward windscreen, the hood was shorter (from front to back).  With a vac, you could probably trim it a bit front and back then "replace" the frames.  Or possibly you could think that nobody's going to notice!  Just wanted to point it out since you seem to be taking this one seriously.

Also, I'd love to see a Work in Progress!

bob

• Like 1