Airfix 1/72 Be2C-now based with figures(page 2)

Thanks to everyone for their positive messages,

Will post a further pic when the figures and base are done.

Next project will have no rigging!:D

On 13/01/2018 at 3:31 AM, Learstang said:

Brilliant build there! Okay, now here comes an 'If only Airfix would do...'. If only Airfix would do a remould of their Roland C.II Walfisch. There, I said it and I'm glad. Still, I'm happy to see Airfix go back over their category and release remoulds of anything.

Regards,

Jason

Oh yes, the Roland CII is a lovely little kit with lots of potential and a smiley face. Its a superb starter kit for biplanes too, very easy to build and rig. Only fault is the very thick wings and tail but that's what sandpaper is for.

Talking of lovely - fine Be2C sir. Scottish of course - Turnhouse aerodrome 1916. Looking forward to building mine one day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the base built and figures painted.

Figures are from W^D models, superd 1/72 figures for WW1.

So nice, I bought more WW1 figures just to paint and put on mini dioramas.

All painted with Vallejo acrylics and inks

Be2%204_zps5kimasun.jpg

Be2%205_zps5p4w7js5.jpg

Be2%207_zpsbelcjifv.jpg

Be2%202_zps1qrakv5e.jpg

• Like 14

Why, oh why, did I look at the WD Models website?  Am I some kind of deranged modeller?

The armoured cars are enough to make me swoon...and the Thornycroft with the ack-ack gun...?  

Oh my...

By the way, I hope you send them see photos of your little scene.  They should use it as part of their gallery.

• Like 1

Even better with the figures, and your painting of them is superb - if you ever did a step by step I'm sure I, and many others, would be  fascinated.

If I can offer one tiny suggestion, it would be to either have a larger base, or have the base surface flush with the lip of the frame as, imho, the frame intruding is the only (very tiny) negative to an otherwise outstanding piece.

But don't let that suggestion detract from the fulsome praise this undoubtedly deserves, it is truly beautiful work on something of tiny proportions, real craftsmanship.

3 minutes ago, 06/24 said:

Even better with the figures, and your painting of them is superb - if you ever did a step by step I'm sure I, and many others, would be  fascinated.

If I can offer one tiny suggestion, it would be to either have a larger base, or have the base surface flush with the lip of the frame as, imho, the frame intruding is the only (very tiny) negative to an otherwise outstanding piece.

But don't let that suggestion detract from the fulsome praise this undoubtedly deserves, it is truly beautiful work on something of tiny proportions, real craftsmanship.

Thank you :)

Base will get replaced, but frame was only one I had to hand ( plus it fits in my display cabinet!)

May do a step by step for the figures if there is interest.

Only trouble is, it will make everybody realise how disorganised and prone to tinkering I am!

• Like 1

Wow!  Shadow-shaded skin tones in 1/72!  And I can see you've been able to achieve a much tidier finish on those cockpit coamings than I've been able to achieve - a piece of cake after the figures, I'm sure.

Wonderful: still looks good even under 3-4x magnification.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:31 AM, Learstang said:

If only Airfix would do a remould of their Roland C.II Walfisch. 

Or their D.H.4: beautifully fine Scarff mount and Lewis gun among many other fine features.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Or their D.H.4: beautifully fine Scarff mount and Lewis gun among many other fine features.

I'd like to see a D.H.9 (not the D.H.9A); I don't believe anyone does this in injection-moulded plastic in 1/72nd scale.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Learstang said:

I'd like to see a D.H.9 (not the D.H.9A); I don't believe anyone does this in injection-moulded plastic in 1/72nd scale.

Regards,

Jason

I don't think either are available in injection. I have the Blue Rider DH9 conversion for the Airfix DH4 kit and the CMK (I think, not at home to check) resin 9a but I think those are the only options.

And what a difference those figures make, they're beautifully painted. Stunning work!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 1

Splendid job, very impressive. Built three BE2c's to date but have stayed clear of the chequer board. As for the DH9 I hope Airfix re-issue the DH4 as it can be kit bashed into a Nine. The hardest part would be scratching a Puma engine as I used an Aeroclub white metal casting which are probably like hen's teeth at the moment.

Regards, Steve

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

I don't think either are available in injection. I have the Blue Rider DH9 conversion for the Airfix DH4 kit and the CMK (I think, not at home to check) resin 9a but I think those are the only options.

And what a difference those figures make, they're beautifully painted. Stunning work!

Ian

I had that Blue Rider conversion kit and used it with the old Airfix D.H.4 to make a Spanish Civil War D.H.9 (I believe the SCW decals came with the conversion kit). Ardpol do a complete resin kit of the D.H.9, which I'm tempted to buy, but it's a bit pricey although it looks very nice. Now, back to our regular programming.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Very, very slight correction. Very slight indeed.