Airfix 1/72 Be2C-now based with figures(page 2)

Airfix Be2C built straight from the box, only addition is Uschi Van Der Rosten rigging ( Superfine 0.001mm-super duper thin!)

White was Halfords spray, everything else brush painted with Vallejo acrylics.

Weathering with Games Workshop washes/inks

Still needs a couple of bits of tidying up, but putting it aside after all the rigging!!

Temporary base for photography, will get proper base done with figures at somepoint.

Very impressed with the engineering of this kit, very nice build

DSCN4112_zpsj022snq8.jpg

DSCN4114_zpskm1g5yop.jpg

Edited by McYellowbelly
  • Like 58

27 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Yowzah! I agree- how in the world did you get the checkers on so perfectly? Those markings make this ugly duckling look more like a swan! Outstanding rigging, too!

Mike

I would like to say that I followed the instructions as to the correct order to apply them but, im a modeller!!

Each area was tackled separately, with plenty of Microsol.

Also, touching up with a very fine brush and black acrylic makes it look more like I did a good job of the decals!

Rigging was a challenge, mainly due to trying to find something fine enough to put a small amount of superglue, but enough to attach the thread.

Some interesting words ensued, apparently I sound like I'm doing the Maori Haka when im rigging a kit!!:swear:

Definitely recommend Uschi VanDer Rosten thread, superb stuff and flexible too when attached!

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, missile-monkey said:

Those black and white cheques/checks are really very well done. Are they decals or did you paint them. Either way they are inspiring. Well done.

Regards

MM

They are multi part decals that come with the kit.

Certainly a different class from kit decals of the past!

Brilliant build there! Okay, now here comes an 'If only Airfix would do...'. If only Airfix would do a remould of their Roland C.II Walfisch. There, I said it and I'm glad. Still, I'm happy to see Airfix go back over their category and release remoulds of anything.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, 06/24 said:

Superb build, I have one of these in the stash so know how tiny it is. Can I ask where you sourced the Uschi rigging, it looks the business.

The Uschi thread was sourced from Scale Model Shop, great service

• Thanks 1