Tamiya Ferrari 360

KonaDawg

ca is hard, yes, but you dont have to leave it forever to go off , you can polish it to a shine and it wont shrink back.  everyone has their own favourite :D 

Oh and dont tell anyone but I also use Mr surfacer a lot!! :o (1200 version here though)

36868344054_cc658e711d_b.jpg

But ,  ( no one else can see this bit, its just between me and you right?)  I didnt leave this long enough and a week later, after the paint was on, this shrank back to be (slightly) visible. this has never happened with ca.

so when you do it, leave it for a good while longer than I did (at least a week ) before you paint over it to avoid disappointment. and maybe you'll also need more than one application!! Just sayin'. ^_^

• Like 1

Hey noeyedears!   I experimented a bit last night and got a decent result.  I used a thinner ca than normal.  I also applied it with a needle which helped.  So..... I think I'll try that and see how goes. Thanks all for taking the time to reply. I'm thinking white for this car but still debating on which one 😊

Hey noeyedears!   I experimented a bit last night and got a decent result.  I used a thinner ca than normal.  I also applied it with a needle which helped.  So..... I think I'll try that and see how goes. Thanks all for taking the time to reply. I'm thinking white for this car but still debating on which one 😊

I ended up using humbrol  acrylic primer.  It's quite thick and seems to be gradually filling the gashes.  Moving to interior, I wanted to replicate carpet but wanted to move away from just paint.  I found this stuff...Veloursfolie in a shop called wilco.  My gf found it online probably in a resigned effort to get me to shut up about the importance of scale effect........ Anyway, I'm sure it's well known on this forum but if not, definitely  worth a try.  It's thin so it conforms well to the surface it's applied to.  It also cuts perfectly with a sharp scalple. 

2018-01-14_04-07-53

2018-01-14_04-23-49

Hopefully these pics are not too dark.  I was just messing about with an old kit.  

Oh and I primer the gearbox and engine bit.

2018-01-14_04-07-02

• 3 weeks later...

Very short update. Not had a great deal of time to work on this but a wee bit if progress is ok yeah? 😊. Hopefully going to give the car a more modern look by carefully selecting muted but complimentary colours.  Thinking its going to be tamiya pearlescent white.

2018-02-03_03-23-412018-02-03_03-24-03

Thanks for looking in.