1/72 - Grumman F-14A Tomcat (new tooling) by Academy - release in 2018

Homebee

that's a B in the picture if not a D but it's kinda hard to spot the Naces horns,.Still I'm stocked up with Hasegawa Tomcats due Fine Molds not releasing earlier and late A variants and not even a B,going to sell them up and move towards better alternatives when someone will finally release the entire quintet.

The EA-18G looks more interesting and if for their next trick they got the Advanced Super Hornet with newer pods they will definitely get my attention

Luigi

edit

Ok it's a VF-31 Delta from last Tomcat demo

Edited by Silverkite

On 1/11/2018 at 4:47 AM, Giorgio N said:

Wonder if it will follow the philosophy of the F-4 and F-18E/F of semi-snap kits.

And the F-15E... and the F-16...

All their major new jets have been snap kits.

Given that Fine Molds and GWH are coming with new Tomcats, not sure this kit will be of much interest to me. What a shame for this once great company.

I will keep waiting for tamiya to downsize their 48th scale model . I think it is quite likely considering they also offer F-16 . 

8 hours ago, Basuroy said:

I will keep waiting for tamiya to downsize their 48th scale model . I think it is quite likely considering they also offer F-16 . 

Tamiya doesn't really like 1/72 scale for jets. Their F-16 was a rarity and only produced one variant vs three different boxings in their 1/48 versions.

They also got some flak for initially releasing said F-16 without drop tanks, pylons, and missiles and I wonder if that soured some interest.