Valentine Mk.VI - Miniart 1/35

Kris B

Hi lads. I am now for a while in Navy section, therefore no new AFV on the bench. But in the meantime I would like to show you another model which was build while ago. 

jyl7izlgiPGZfLPfBWadXH5Z5S4GnytUwbu79cVI

zlpE1QNzdnq_ZhEoO0cNfShwN-IDaTZZF9_eqpEi

WRlXFxdYTxixAB8tP6WWxJlb-pL1_2tpk4JFEd94

SswSEP0aibBciQOemmjt1M5_DhRksx3RIGmI7pVe

Asw_motMZRujjcQMiRHStJwdelpTBa0O7_T-JSGb

ph0tdiQMjk0y9sIotvMYLF4wtwVlk5euJ_9wg7xK

7NHor03njk9vaWnF_XyGCEf-sr0gOagUp8sNtQ4h

xS0A9_tZRwsEUGLmTACEXrCCwEJSKEOQ-7mxKzai

HzIFYfR2v8KFNfURwij1Xkp6w2cdjVU34PO1Aref

scsp7y3h1YCXCetEEZFLBTL15DLEEJO_SyO8Ymj0

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Excellent job on the Valentine, I have one hiding in the stash is it a bit of pain as I've read elsewhere as yours looks superb?

The Afv Club kit of this has stalled on the bench at the moment, if it comes out half this good I'll be chuffed! 

Super model, great photography. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

A beautiful Valentine. I'd propose to it!

It's hard to believe that's 1/35th, the small details are very sharp and well picked out with your weathering. There's so many bits I really like, but I'll just pick out the exhaust system as being a work of art in its own right.

Did you use enamel washes and/or oils?

Rearguards,

Badder

Oh, that's very nice.  I'm envious of your finishing skills.

What colour did you use for highlighting the tracks?  Valentines had manganese steel tracks like all British tanks so the wearing surfaces would appear a goldy-brown colour and not the silver or graphite that so many people use.  Yours doesn't look like a silver, but that could be a trick of the light.  You've also done a very good job of the patina on the rest of the tracks.  Manganese tracks don't rust easily, even after decades, but do show a mostly grey-brown oxide.  Yours are about the best representation of managanese tracks I've seen so far.  I'm on something of a quest to wean people off rusty brown tracks with graphite worn surfaces: there are very few tracks for which that is appropriate.

I don't have any Valentine track photos to hand, but here's an A9/A10 track: same material.

xZ8HGUg.jpg

Thank you for your opinions. 

Badder, I am usually painting the exhaust with few color of Tamiya brown. First flat brown over all and the  sort of dots of different colours in random places. After this is only dry pigments in rust colours and blask smoke on the end of the pipe. That's it. 

For the whole model I've used Dark Brown wash from MiG, and rest is oils paints with pigments on the end. 

Das Abteilung, the tracks are Friulmodel and yes, they are shine. I've just sand paper the paint. Schoolboy error looks like. Next time I will pay more attention to this fact. About the colour. I am painting ting all my tracks with Tamiya XF-84 Dark Iron and then I'm using just the pigments for dusting them. 

• Like 1

Hi Kris. That is another stunning example of your modelling skills. Absolutely superb build, painting and weathering. Very well done. :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thank you all for comments. 

45 minutes ago, Sairou said:

Looking at this model again, I'd love you to talk me through the painting process- how did you achieve the effect of faded and worn paint? I assume with oils?

It is done with airbrush postshiding and oils. That how it looks before using the oil paints. 

THi4IFv1O00AymITktCiOgQI0PxL2RdRElT04blr

If you wanna see how I am using the oils please look at my Sherman topic on this forum - here is the link Sherman Ic Firefly Hybrid - Dragon 1/35

Edited by Kris B
  • Like 2