Revell Under New Management after Hobbico Bankruptcy

jargonking

As the gent who's videos from "The Stash Project" pointed out.  If perhaps all those now clamoringto buy Revell kits had done this before now then they might have been in better shape?

Just a thought.

Julien

• Like 1

Ive done my bit ... I build about 60% Revellogram to 40% others. Have since i got back into the hobby. I prefer them as i cant really afford a lot of A/M. That and i prefer the work of scratch building detail. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

I am pleased they haven't gone under! I must admit to seeing revell in a somewhat dim light on my return to the hobby.. But picking up the superb 1/32 ju88 and 1/32 he219 changed my mind!

I had a 50/50 finishing rate with kits as a kid.. quite a few that got done were the revells! i think the modelling world would be much poorer without those blue boxes! Now to pick up some of the wackier blohm and voss offerings on ebay!

Cheers D.

• Like 1

Source: http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Newsletter/Revell_neuer_Eigentuemer_20180416.pdf

Die Revell GmbH geht gestärkt mit neuem Eigentümerin die Zukunft

Die Revell GmbH gibt heute bekannt, dass im Zuge des Restrukturierungsverfahrens nach Chapter 11 der Hobbico Inc. im Court Hearing vor dem zuständigen US-Gericht in Delaware am 13.04.2018 der Verkauf der Revell GmbH zu Gunsten eines Unternehmens der internationalen Beteiligungsgruppe Quantum Capital Partners (QCP) aus München als Alleingesellschafter bestätigt wurde.

Bünde, 16.04.2018

Für die Revell GmbH, die bis dato noch einem Unternehmen der Hobbico Inc.-Gruppe in Champaign (USA) gehörte, welche zum Jahreswechsel ein Restrukturierungsverfahren nach Chapter 11 des US-Bankruptcy Code eingeleitet und Pläne bekannt gegebenen hatte, die Unternehmensgruppe zu verkaufen, zeichnete sich im Laufe des Verfahrens am 13.04.2018 eine nachhaltige Lösung zu einem Eigentümerwechsel ab. Neuer Alleingesellschafter der Revell GmbH wird ein Unternehmen der internationalen Beteiligungsgruppe Quantum Capital Partners (QCP) in München. Das operative Geschäft wird hierdurch in keinster Weise beeinträchtigt.

Deutscher Investor als neuer Revell-Eigentümer
Der Kauf beinhaltet auch wesentliche Vermögenswerte für das Nordamerika-Geschäft, wie unter anderem Namensrechte und die für den Plastikmodellbau wichtige, umfangreiche Formenbank. Revell erfährt somit durch den Wechsel des Eigentümers auch eine Stärkung, denn er bringt eine Ausweitung des Absatzmarktes und eine noch größere Vielfalt im Angebot mit sich.

Weltweites Geschäft gesteuert aus Bünde
Die bisherige Geschäftsführung unter Leitung von Stefan Krings wird künftig das weltweite Geschäft, inklusive Nordamerika, von Bünde aus steuern. „Revell freut sich, mit Quantum Capital Partners einen starken Partner an seiner Seite zu haben, der das Unternehmen bei seinem weiteren internationalen Wachstum unterstützt. Ich möchte mich an dieser Stelle zudem bei allen Handels- und Geschäftspartnern für das
Vertrauen während der Übergangsperiode in den letzten Wochen bedanken", kommentiert Stefan Krings die Meldung.
Steffen Görig, Vertreter von QCP, ergänzt: „Revell ist ein renommiertes und etabliertes Unternehmen und hat sich auf beeindruckende Art und Weise als eine international erfolgreiche Spielwarenmarke etabliert. Auf dieser Stärke werden wir aufbauen und die Marke mit ihrer einzigartigen Positionierung als Modellbauanbieter und Spielzeughersteller weiter entwickeln. Wir freuen uns darauf, Herrn Krings und sein
Team auf diesem Weg zu unterstützen und das volle Wachstumspotential von Revell zu realisieren.“

Über Revell
Revell ist ein weltweit agierender Hersteller und Distributeur von Plastikmodellbausätzen (Marktführer in Europa) sowie Produkten in den Segmenten ferngesteuerter Modelle und Spielware allgemein. Revell hat eigene Vertriebs- und Marketing-Organisationen in UK, Frankreich, Österreich und BeNeLux. Weitere Informationen unter http://www.revell.de

Über Quantum Capital Partners:
Quantum Capital Partners (QCP) ist eine internationale, stark wachsende Beteiligungsgesellschaft mit Hauptsitz in München. QCP unterstützt die Unternehmen als aktiver Partner des Managements mit dem Ziel, diesen durch die optimal passende Strategie ihre Eigenständigkeit zu ermöglichen. Seit seiner Gründung im Jahr 2008 hat QCP eine Vielzahl von Firmen und Geschäftsbereiche von weltweit führenden Unternehmen wie z.B. Robert Bosch GmbH, Stora Enso, Dürr, Airbus, Nestlé, Tenneco und Norsk Hydro erworben. QCP ist mit insgesamt 19 abgeschlossenen Akquisitionen seit 2014 einer der aktivsten Investoren in seiner Branche.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Here ya go Biggles:-

“Revell GmbH starts strengthened into future with new owner

Revell GmbH (Germany) announces today that in a court hearing which took place on 13 April 2018 at the US court having jurisdiction in Delaware the sale of Revell GmbH has been confirmed in favor of a company of the international investment group Quantum Capital Partners (QCP) with its company seat in Munich (Germany) as sole shareholder. The sale happened in the course of Hobbico, Inc.‘s restructuring process under Chapter 11.

Bünde, 16 April 2018

For Revell GmbH, which so far belonged to a company of the Hobbico, Inc. group in Champaign (USA) initiating a restructuring process under Chapter 11 of the US bankruptcy code at the turn of the year and announcing its plans to sell the group of companies, a lasting solution in terms of change of ownership emerged throughout this proceedings on 13 April 2018. New sole shareholder of Revell GmbH will be a company from the international investment group Quantum Capital Partners (QCP) in Munich. The operating business will not at all be impaired by this.

German investor as new Revell owner

The sale also includes key assets for the North America business, such as trademarks as well as the extensive tool bank being so important for the plastic model building segment. With the change of ownership Revell experiences a strengthening, as this involves an extension of the sales market and an even wider range of products.

Worldwide business operated from Bünde

The previous management in Bünde under the control of Stefan Krings will in future operate the worldwide business including North America.
„Revell is very happy to have Quantum Capital Partners as strong partner, who will assist the company to reach its further international growth. At this point I like to also thank all trade and business partners for the confidence they have placed in us in the past weeks of interim period”, is the comment from Stefan Krings on this news.

Steffen Görig, representative of QCP further explains: “Revell is a well-known and well- established company and it has shown impressively in the past how to found its position as successful toy brand. We will build on this strength and will further develop the Revell brand with its unique position as provider of model kits and toy manufacturer. We look forward to assist Stefan Krings and his team in that achievement and to realize the full growth potential of Revell.”

Press release ends.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tempestfan said:

I suspect the German version itself is a translation of an English original - "toolbank" is given as "Formenbank", which is a verbatim translation, but not really a set word in German...

I think you are correct tempestfan. See gavingav's post #221 in this thread for the original announcement in English.

18 hours ago, tempestfan said:

I suspect the German version itself is a translation of an English original - "toolbank" is given as "Formenbank", which is a verbatim translation, but not really a set word in German...

The german version does not read as to be the translated version. If it is, at least is has received a very solid translation.

'toolbank' would verbatim translate into 'Werkzeugbank'

Both versions tell the same story with the same verbiage. So they are 'interpretation compatible' 😉

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I agree, though could well be corporate speak to hide the truth, does sound like to me it’s investors looking to grow the business and make a return, so in for the long haul at least until they’ve got the investment back plus a margin

Could off course be people who are modellers themselves and didn't want Revell to disappear. Who knows.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, tempestfan said:

Apparently a lot of Revell's, Monogram's, and what remains of Aurora's tooling in the US has been sold. No details, but it sounds as if much of the legacy moulds has been considered ballast without economic value and was disposed of.

Which should be good news, considering the new owners are quite excited about their purchase:

Atlantis Models buys Revell toolings held in the USA.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235042849-atlantis-models-buys-revell-toolings-held-in-the-usa/

Be interesting to see what Atlantis got from the old Illinois toolbank and archive.