Heller Victory rigging

colsom

I started building the Heller 1:100 Victory nearly 40 years ago!! When the kids came along it got pushed to one side. After retiring just over a year ago I decided it was time to finish it. I'm glad I waited as, without access to pictures on the internet I don't know how anybody completed it. The instructions are more vague than a Michael Fish weather forecast. 

I'm hoping that somebody has successfully built this kit and can help me out please. I am really struggling with the deck hammocks. I have wound the rigging thread onto the frame as per the instructions. The instructions then said to glue the threads together. They don't say what with so I brushed it with superglue. The result was a horrible brown mess which is very difficult to fold around the plastic part. Together it is supposed to look like a rope netting. It looks like the aforementioned horrible brown mess. Is there a glue which will the glue the threads together which wont discolour them and still leave them flexible?

Another question arose when I read the instructions for assembling the ram heads. The instructions say to use No. 1 thread. It doesn't say what No. 1 thread is though. I emailed Heller with the question but, as they have never replied to previous emails I'm not holding my breath.

Colin.