Arma Hobby 1/72 PZL P.7a

Thanks. I don't use acrylics or Humbrol where I can avoid it but hopefully that information will be useful to anyone who does and is looking for guidance.

I used a 1:1 mix of Colourcoats ACF03 Terre D'Ombre Naturel and AFC06 Ombre Calcinée:

DSCN6808.jpg

As usual my camera hasn't done a terrific job in discerning the difference between the two colours. Once I had mixed it to my satisfaction I sprayed the main parts and once that was dry I painted the propellers in a darker brown mix and picked out the engine cylinders and exhausts in Vallejo Metal Colour Exhaust Manifold:

DSCN6810.jpg

Next I'll paint the tyres, reassemble the engine, attach the tail struts and start applying the transfers...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 7

Looks excellent!

To be honest, the wooden propeller was covered with "true chinese laquer" which after application was brown indeed, but extremely dark, almost black. As a natural product it varied somewhat.

This is the most light version I know:

migo.jpg

And this is one of the darkest:

RwD-82-2.jpg

Finish was rather glossy in general, but the rear surfaces have been matted with some gentle sanding (to avoid light reflexes). There is a legend that Szomański factory employed true Chinese workers for laquer application, as the medium was too irritaiting for European lungs.
Original Szomański logo:

Kalkomania+Szona%C5%84ski+g%C3%B3ra3.jpg

I'm waiting eagerly for the next part of the show!
Cheers! Grzegorz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 5 months later...