Airfix 1/48 Meteor

Dave Fleming

Don't know why, but I'd say £15 or thereabouts for a Tamiya F1/F3 is a bargain.....please tell me where I can get one..at that price I'll gladly butcher the thing, use the outer wings and tail unit and graft them on to the Airfix kit as the basis of a PR10..

F.1 is £14.99 at Kingkit. Second hand but unstarted. New for £19.99.

http://kingkit.co.uk/plastic-model-kit-tamiya-1-48-61051-gloster-meteor-f1-13294.html

cheers,

Jason

I suspect the other answer as to price, is because Airfix can!! LOL

But when you see the kit, you will realise just what a beauty it is in terms of details and finesse ( I was lucky enough to get some test shot sprues a month or two ago to check decal fit against, so I have handled the plastic).

Cheers

Jonners

Just got notification from e-Hattons, mine's on its way - woooo-hooooo!!!! :yahoo::frantic:

Wez from Much-Grinning-on-the-Wold (which is surprisingly in Hampshire).

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

When I ordered my Defiant it was showing as `en route' for around two weeks,......which made me wonder if they were actually in stock when I made my order,....and by the time it had arrived they had already been available in the shops for over a week? I ordered my Meteor yesterday and have had no updates from Airfix,......so will this be a similar story?

Tony

Mine was on pre-order and arrived yesterday, FWIW. Club member, so with the discount, and the base price being over the UK free-shipping barrier, the whole package came in at just under 30 quid, which for what you get is a bargain IMO.

Paul.

Having just opened the first one from the shipment eagerly, I have to say it is an absolute stunner. Yet again I ask myself, why did I decide just to stick to 1/72?

Oh alright, so I 'accidentally' picked one up off the shelf* as I was leaving the shop yesterday evening and the parts are laid out on my workbench for me to start on them tonight. It's still a cracking model.

Not doing 1/48 any more? Me? Did I actually say that? I want proof! You hear me? Proof!

*Lots more on the shelf if you haven't actually bought yours yet... :whistle:

• Like 1

I had mine on pre- order, and it arrived this morning. Oh happy, happy days....at £30ish it is an absolute bargain. At £24 it's a steal! As Jonners says elsewhere, the lens covers for the FR9 are included on the clear sprue, plus flashed over location holes for

RP rail, plus the clear antenna beacon for an Australian F8. So expect new boxings for these marks.

It's a cracking kit.....

• Like 4

SHOCK, HORROR, PROBE, TRAUMA. NEW AIRFIX METEOR FATALLY FLAWED AND TERMINALLY UNBUILDABLE. NO WING TIP NAVIGATION LIGHTS!! Send me all of your now unwanted Airfix Meteors and I will ensure their discreet disposal free of charge to hide your embarrassment at buying this inferior product. Muahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Like 3

Don't know why, but I'd say £15 or thereabouts for a Tamiya F1/F3 is a bargain.....please tell me where I can get one? At that price I'll gladly butcher the thing, use the outer wings and tail unit and graft them on to the Airfix kit as the basis of a PR10..

Hi Bill.

If you can wait till the next club-night, I have an old unfinished Tamia F1 that you are welcome to, you can chop till you drop.

Robin.

Hi Bill.

If you can wait till the next club-night, I have an old unfinished Tamia F1 that you are welcome to, you can chop till you drop.

Robin.

Many thanks Robin, I doubt I'll be at the club for a while though..due to a dislocated shoulder and fractured humerous( I didn't laugh!!) I'm unable to drive for six weeks! I'll let you know when I can get up the club though...many thanks again...

Can Meteor F(TT)8 VZ567, RAF Brawdy's target tug be made from this kit?, and also are there any decals for this aircraft?

Yes, it includes the target towing lug fitted to the belly tank. There are no markings for Winston at present but I would be surprised if it does not appear soon; I am sure that there will be many more Meteor F.8 decal sheets appearing in the next few months. If not, the No.615 Sqdn markings carried by Winston would not be too difficult to reproduce with careful masking and painting or by use of solid colour decal sheets. A bit of work but not impossible.

• Like 1

SHOCK, HORROR, PROBE, TRAUMA. NEW AIRFIX METEOR FATALLY FLAWED AND TERMINALLY UNBUILDABLE. NO WING TIP NAVIGATION LIGHTS!! Send me all of your now unwanted Airfix Meteors and I will ensure their discreet disposal free of charge to hide your embarrassment at buying this inferior product. Muahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Calm down dear, it's just a model.

Yes, it includes the target towing lug fitted to the belly tank. There are no markings for Winston at present but I would be surprised if it does not appear soon; I am sure that there will be many more Meteor F.8 decal sheets appearing in the next few months. If not, the No.615 Sqdn markings carried by Winston would not be too difficult to reproduce with careful masking and painting or by use of solid colour decal sheets. A bit of work but not impossible.

Thanks,I'll need to get one for my Brawdy collection. I'm really surprised Winston's markings have not been covered as the aircraft is famous and still survives.

Shaun.