Sherman Tanks Vol.1 WWII Commonwealth (A.MIG.7169)

Mike

Sherman Tanks Vol.1 WWII Commonwealth (A.MIG.7169)

Ammo of Mig Jiménez

boxtop.jpg

By now we're all pretty familiar with the AMMO range of paints, and many folks are very happy with how they brush and airbrush, so I won't bore you with any of that malarkey.  The sets popping out from the AMMO factory are very useful, as they act as a one-stop shop for your project in hand.  This time, if it's a Sherman tank that you're wanting to paint (not to be confused with its namesake, the General), then you might want to read on.

Arriving in their now standard cardboard box with header flap, this set contains six colours that are specifically mixed with your Sherman in mind, either directly for this pack, or already extant in their range, which explains the non-consecutive numbers of the individual paints.  You might initially think that all you need is green, but many, many Shermans were painted with camouflage colours in service, and if the slight flood that ruined the profile book hadn't happened, I'd be able to refer you to that for examples.  Sadly, it's now illegible, but we're trying to get another copy for review, so bear with us.

In the box is a vacformed clear plastic tray that keeps the six bottles together when you remove them.  The bottles are industry standard 17ml dropper bottles with the now-traditional yellow caps that indicate there is a steel ball-bearing within the bottle to aid in paint agitation.  This will be a huge help, as AMMO paints do separate when left to settle.  A damn good shake will see all the pigments and carrier mixed back together, and you also get a pleasing clatter of the bearing, telling you it is doing its work.

In the box you get the following colours:

a.mig.7169.jpg

• A.MIG.061 BS381c No.61 Light Stone (labelled warm sand yellow)
  • A.MIG.110 SCC 1A British Brown (1941-42)
  • A.MIG.111 SCC 2 British (1941-44) Service Drab
  • A.MIG.112 SCC 15 British (1944-45) Olive Drab
  • A.MIG.113 British Khaki Green No.3 (1939-42)
  • A.MIG.217 BS 381x No.34 Dark Slate (also RLM02)

profiles.jpg

Now we wait for Volume.2 to arrive, although Volume.2 and Volume.3 have become available since we received our sample. 

Highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.png

• Like 1

I like these paints a lot probably one of my favourites TBH, great for spraying straight from the bottle,  a top tip is put some clear tape over the colour code printed on the bottle as your fingers rub it off dead quick. :yes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

a top tip is put some clear tape over the colour code printed on the bottle as your fingers rub it off dead quick. :yes:

That's a great tip, thanks.  Wish I'd thought of it before as most of my labels have already worn off, although many of them actually came that way in the first place.

Andy

• Thanks 1