1/48 - Airfix Spitfire Mk XIV - Release ??/??

Sebastien

Hi,

From today's Airfix newsletter:

2018 is another exciting year for Airfix, with dozens of new releases over the coming year! In the range you’ll find gems like the Blenheim Mk.1F and Hawker Hunter F6 in fantastic 1:48 scale, as well as the long-awaited Spitfire Mk.XIV.

The Spitfire Mk XIV isn't illustrated on Airfix website but one can dream...

Cheers,

S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickydicky210 said:

Being cynical,

I suspect it was pulled at the last minute   - maybe a major error was spotted or the Lawyers or directors holding it back

time will tell

It's more likely that the logistics of getting the kit into production wasn't compatible with having kits to sell by the end of 2018. That it almost made the 2018 catalogue (and was billed as "the long-awaited Spitfire XIV") suggests it will be an early release in 2019 provided things don't go all pear-shaped at Hornby between now and then.

• Like 1

The Airfix catalogue does not show the Spitfire Mk14, so looks like a school boy error on the website, rather than a last minute change. 

However i I see that there are no 1/24 spitfires in the catalogue, maybe time for a new one in 2019?

On 1/11/2018 at 2:00 AM, trickydicky210 said:

The Airfix catalogue does not show the Spitfire Mk14, so looks like a school boy error on the website, rather than a last minute change. 

However i I see that there are no 1/24 spitfires in the catalogue, maybe time for a new one in 2019?

It would make sense to deplete stock of the old kit in the marketplace before releasing a new one. Given the detail in the 1/48 Mk.I/Mk.II/Mk.V kit I'm sure they have all the information they need to scale it up to 1/24.

Maybe they're holding back some announcements, including a Spit XIV, for the Nuremburg toy fair(Jan 31st)?

Paul Harrison