Fairey Battle kits

Brandy

On 2/18/2018 at 12:28 PM, JOCKNEY said:

I think we are forgetting the real issue here, did limeypilot win the blooming airfix one he was going after !

Oh and I think the Bilek is the Airfix one, sorry I know couldnt resist it !  :P

If I recall correctly I have a strange looking version in the stash I think by MPM with 2 individual cockpits and covers rather than one long one, is this some sort of trainer ?

cheers Pat

Yes, he did Pat! The build is already underway in works in progress and major alterations nearly complete as we speak!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It's become quite an educational little side thread!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Yes, he did Pat! The build is already underway in works in progress and major alterations nearly complete as we speak!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It's become quite an educational little side thread!

Ian

Well done Ian, look forward to seeing the finished article.

Great news I don't this this one will need your wood effect skills or extensive rigging, like the Floatplane GB

cheers Pat

1 hour ago, Ed Russell said:

Aww.... does that make our decals a what-if?

https://www.redroomodels.com/148-scale/fairey-battle-t-mk1-raaf-148/

No, your trainer was based in Australia and had yellow paint, the one in the IWM image was based in UK (Netheravon) and was camoflaged. Canadian ones were yellow IIRC as well.

Selwyn