Humbrol number for Dutch colour "Fokker khaki" ?

JWM

Hi,

I am now constructing Fokker CV and CX - short runs by LF and AZ. I think that they should be painted the same way, but the model producers reccomends it differently (one as brown, another as green). Regarding IPMS Stockholm instruction of Dutch colours http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2005/06/stuff_eng_dutch_af_colours_01.htm

both should be  painted with khaki - FS 4064, RAL 6014. But there is no suggestion which Humbrol enamel number to use (or how to mix it). Anybody has some suggestion? I will appreciete very much any comment on this.

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Humbrol RFC Green is a very dark green, which in the 70s I found was a very good match for the dark shade of green on RAF Jaguars.  At least, the tin that I had (and may still have!).  However, it has no trace of brown in it.  It's not the PC10 that was actually used, although this did vary anyway.

• Like 1

As Graham says, no trace of the brown.  But my ancient tin contained absolutely brilliant paint.  I broke it open for he first time for my B.E.2c and it was a dream to use: consistency of ink, completely opaque and dried quickly (within the hour) to a completely dead matt finish.  A reminder of how far enamel paint technology, especially Humbrol's, seems to have regressed over the last 30 years.  What a pity I had to overpaint it with some rather more accurate Xtracolor PC10 (which also went on nicely, helped no doubt by the undercoat).

• Like 1

On 8.01.2018 at 10:32 PM, Kari Lumppio said:

Especially post #8 has some relevant data.

Thank you Kari - so it is not simple... Even despite that RAL and FS are known.

Regards

J-W

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, Graham Boak said:

Colourcoats has a set of Dutch colours for the late 30s.  It seems that LVA Camouflage Bruin (ACD02) may match the colour you are looking for.  However you may like to consider ACD04, LVA Khaki as a strong possibility.

Colourcoats ACD04 is a RAL6014 match. :yes:

• Like 1