One of my sins of 2017 - Fin'n'ished

vppelt68

By all means not the biggest one of my sins of last year. I´ve been in the process of finishing the Bf 109 STGB II prizes... yes, just waiting for our sponsors' decisions but I promise we´ll get back to it shortly. Better late than never... But I apologize, my dear friends :(.

Anyway, this KUTA-build is actually not a GB non-finisher, as I originally intended to just build some parts of this along the four proper G-6:s I did finish! This is how the kit looked a few nights back. I started by trimming the interior parts to make them fit the slightly too narrow fuselage. This I did, and then forgot the build for a few days again. Last night I finished painting and assembling the interior, joined the fuselage halves, wings, radiator flaps and rudder parts - but didn´t take a picture :pig:.

While browsing through Finnish Bf 109 decals I did find among them an extra AZmodel Erla- canopy. I´ll check if I can mate that with my previous, Revell G-10-to-G-6/AS build I did with its original, rather lousy canopy piece. It should look better, if I can make it fit.

The Finnish Air Force was supplied with, possibly in an error, two G-6/AS- high altitude versions in late June 1944. The Revell build is decorated as MT-463 from 2./HLeLv 24 and this AZmodel build will be MT-471 from 3./HLeLv 24. To my knowlegde, there are no pics of either of them in their wartime appearance. This decal sheet has a painting diagram for -463 and I´ll go with that for the -471 too.

2018- time for a KUTA

Pics to be added... Best regards, V-P

• Like 1

So here we go; 

Some putty required

first a pic of the AZ belly. "GAP" is a largish department store in Paris. This is just a small "gap" and easily fixed with a dab of putty.

G-6/AS pair

The pair.

Will this be an improvement?

I hope they'll fit together. Br, V-P

• Like 2

I'm reporting ridiculously small steps but I need to whip myself further! The AZ-AS is practically assembled now. I have the remaining subassemblies ready to add after the painting and decals are done.

Progress...

And from below:

Ready for some more RLM76.

I've masked the to-be-yellows and now it's time to add some more of that RLM76 Lichtblau. Br, V-P

• Like 3

On 08/01/2018 at 10:32 AM, vppelt68 said:

The Finnish Air Force was supplied with, possibly in an error, two G-6/AS- high altitude versions in late June 1944. The Revell build is decorated as MT-463 from 2./HLeLv 24 and this AZmodel build will be MT-471 from 3./HLeLv 24. To my knowlegde, there are no pics of either of them in their wartime appearance. This decal sheet has a painting diagram for -463 and I´ll go with that for the -471 too.

As well as interesting model-making I'm very happy to read this. I have the Revell 1/48 kit spare and was wondering what to do with it.....I also have a KV so equipment from both ends in Finnish service :D

• Like 1

A regular Klimi or a pultti-Klimi (too many years since I've last read about Finnish tanks, to use their proper names!)? The pultti/bolt-KV was still used in the summer of -44 as the leading tank in counter attacks, as it had the best armour.

V-P

EDIT: @SleeperService these are good links for Finnish KV-1 m1942 and KV-1E tanks. The latter is the "pultti-Klimi". 

• Thanks 1

Hi again. Some babysteps...

Here we go for the Graugrün.

Masking done for what's in the tin. Small patches are there to remind me, which areas are not to be painted.

Mmmm...

Somehow I always screw these up with the green-"grey". Had to console myself by test fitting prop and canopy. But I hate that green in my grey Messerschmitts! Br, V-P

Thanks Davey! I added some brighter colour too:

Splash of colour.

In my opinion, the port side mottling turned out looking better than the starboard side:

Loose parts ;-)

The canopy got rid of its masking too. It and the prop are loose, added just for some motivation. It's beginning to look a lot like a Mersu 😄. Br, V-P

• Like 1