Let's start this new year with a 109! Italy was the first foreigner user of the famous Willy Messerschmitt design. When in 1943 the Armistice was signed, a part of the Italian forces went along to fight with the Allies while the other, mostly composed of people from Northern Italy where the main industry factories were still active, which in turn meant a lot of bombing, joined the Fascist Republic, named Republicana Sociale Italiana. Organized with a German flavor, the RSI air force was articulated as an interceptor weapon, using top of the line fighters like the Macchi 205, the Fiat G55, and, when the Italian production of aircrafts came to a standstill after heavy bombing, the Bf 109. So here we have the aircraft of Maresciallo Attilo Sanson, credited with 12 individual victories. No picture of his aircraft are known to exist, nevertheless he is believed to have use the yellow 8 as when he flew with the 362a Sq on Macchis 200. The Italian had good stocks of RLM paints which means that the touch up are not very discernible. Those Eduard kits are gorgeous, and with the G14 on the line, I will surely be busy! Cheers and Ciao!

38665219875_665ca07513_b.jpgDSC_0002 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

38665213645_cab482447d_b.jpgDSC_0003 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

24693874107_0fb138816d_b.jpgDSC_0004 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

24693868987_6b13618c3f_b.jpgDSC_0005 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

24693859507_8b0d192c80_b.jpgDSC_0006 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

38665190175_fe81b6bc77_b.jpgDSC_0007 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

Edited by Zigomar
  • Like 28

Nice build

But Italy were not the first foreign user of either the the 109 or the G6 version. In fact Italians were late to use the Messer 109. Many other countries had been using 109s before them

• Like 1

Beautiful Bf-109! You did fantastic job on that!!! IMHO, the best looking markings for 109s (after RA)!

@Zigomar BTW...First foreigner user of 109 was Switzerland and after them Kingdom of Yugoslavia...

Edited by boom.boom

4 hours ago, boom.boom said:

Beautiful Bf-109! You did fantastic job on that!!! IMHO, the best looking markings for 109s (after RA)!

@Zigomar BTW...First foreigner user of 109 was Switzerland and after them Kingdom of Yugoslavia...

Ok I should have write: "the most important user" like Finland! Sounds better?

2 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Ok I should have write: "the most important user" like Finland! Sounds better?

No. You should not make such claims at all.

Italy used only a few 109s, Spain used more and for longer, Hungary, Romania, Czechoslavakia used more and for longer; who was 'more important' than any other user?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

No. You should not make such claims at all.

Italy used only a few 109s, Spain used more and for longer, Hungary, Romania, Czechoslavakia used more and for longer; who was 'more important' than any other user?

I am aware that many countries used the 109! To be more specific I was talking about the one used by the Italian from 43 in the RA and with the RSI. So no big deal and let me know what you thing of the model. Best regards.