1:32 scale Fokker E.V

Hi all,
I thought you might like to see my latest 1:32 scale model (my 12th), which is the Fokker E.V flown by Hans Goerth whilst serving with MJF III in 1918.  
The model is the fairly recent release from MicroMir and although updated by them, still leaves a lot of corrections and modifications by the modeller to bring the end result up to standard.  During this build I replaced the kit supplied cockpit side frames, pilot seat support frame, pilot step, ground crew grab handles, undercarriage struts and wing support struts with scratch built versions, made from Brass micro-tube and solid rod.  The wing support struts and the undercarriage struts were made with an aerofoil section and reinforced internally with solid brass rod. They were fitted to the model without using the ‘Pheon’ supplied jig that came as part of their decal set. The engine was replaced by the ‘Roden’ version and the two machine guns by ‘Gaspatch’ equivalents, whose turnbuckles were also used.  The lozenge 'fabric' decals were from 'Aviattic. The display base includes a figure from ‘Copper State Models'. The access panel wingnuts and Fokker style fasteners were from 'Taurus Models'.

As usual I have compiled a comprehensive build log in Adobe PDF format.  It includes step by step build details, supported by colour photographs and also covers the kit corrections and modifications as well some information on the pilot and aircraft.  It can be viewed and/or downloaded from the linked Fokker E.V images here:

http://igavh2.xara.hosting/index.htm

My next model will be the Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup (RFC version).  

pilot1.JPGpilot2.JPG 

EV14.JPG

EV13.JPG

EV12.JPG

EV5.JPG

EV4.JPG

EV11.JPG

EV10.JPG

EV3.JPG

EV7.JPG

EV1.JPG

EV2.JPG

EV6.JPG

EV8.JPG

EV9.JPG

DisplayCases.JPG

Edited by Sandbagger
  • Like 25

Superb, not my area of interest but what a superb model, the base and figure just finish it beautifully.  The grass on the base looks almost real and I like how each model has its own base and case.

:worthy:

Outstanding work on the MicroMir base kit your detailing work has transformed the model.  I only built mine pretty much JOB so admire what you have achieved here.

Regards

Dave