Hasegawa 1/72 Kawanishi H8K2 Emily

Here's my first completion of 2018 (though really it is the last completion of 2017); the 1/72 new tool Hasegawa Kawanishi H8K2 Emily, representing an aircraft of the 801st Naval Flying Group of the Imperial Japanese Navy:

DSCN6694.jpg

DSCN6693.jpg

DSCN6697.jpg

DSCN6699.jpg

DSCN6701.jpg

DSCN6702.jpg

DSCN6705.jpg

DSCN6706.jpg

DSCN6708.jpg

DSCN6710.jpg

DSCN6712.jpg

DSCN6714.jpg

DSCN6717.jpg

The kit was built almost entirely OOB - it even included canopy masks for the main glazing though I did buy the Eduard mask set for the little fuselage windows, because I am very, very lazy. The kit transfers were used to represent the third option provided with the kit. The undersides were finished in Alclad Semi-matt Aluminum with the doped fabric parts represented using Citadel Runefang Steel; the uppersurfaces using Colourcoats ACJ01 IJN D1 Deep Green Black, with the doped fabric surfaces painted using the same colour mixed with a little ACJ18 IJN Interior Olive Green. The floats were rigged using Infini Lycra thread. A meandering build thread is here.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 44

That is seriously impressive Stew and I think you can honestly claim the biggest meatballs on Britmodeller!

Nice one mate,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, tonyot said:

That is seriously impressive Stew and I think you can honestly claim the biggest meatballs on Britmodeller!

Nice one mate,

Cheers

Tony

Ha - that's a good one 😃

• Like 1

Hi Stew,

Like I said in the Flying Boats and Floatplanes GB, this is a seriously impressive and immaculately built model! Very well done and thank you for your participation in the GB with such an excellent work :worthy:

Cheers

Jaime

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much gents :cheers: 

13 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Wonderful Stew. Shall 'we' take it to Perth in a few months' time? :)

Thanks Jamie - we shall indeed take it to Perth for the Scottish Nationals, as I have promised it to @JOCKNEY if he comes to pick it up there :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Thanks very much Stew, I'm really looking forward to meeting you and some of the other guys on here in Perth.

I need to find something appropriate in the Stash for Stew as well can't have him sitting indoors with nothing to do now can we :wicked:

cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1