2001 Space Odyssey Space Clipper "Orion"

Here is my Moebius Space Clipper finished. Unfortunately something went astray with my LED strip wiring inside the fuselage and only half of them are lit. You cannot tell that the interior is lit unless it is in complete darkness. Oh well, not much I can do now.  I decided to finish her like a modern airliner all clean ans sparkly in pristine condition. 

13ab8cbb-a207-479c-af59-a41e0d813c72.JPG

04b6c7ec-9389-4ad4-abc1-2295c3b6643e.JPG

416e24f5-7ccf-43c8-bac3-c3f2dd101ccc.JPG

efe88196-f9f1-4aa9-b4cf-37fbab5f0437.JPG

90c78000-0219-4497-9079-f19e53059cfe.JPG

7de95e75-b350-44f6-a1d7-ced8a8bae9fb.JPG

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't worry about the cabin lights - they're all asleep or have the blinds down. :) Looks great anyway - nice & crispy, just like Kubrick's vision of the future :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

looks brilliant - any chance you can include a photo showing the interior fuselage lit up as I seem to remember it has a card insert

Thats an after market addition.

Agreed it looks geat - the much maligned kit decals really work well.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 5:48 AM, iSteve said:

Beautiful finish Noel! Well done! Exactly how I would like to do mine.

Is this the latest release from Moebius, or the earlier one?

HI Steve. This is the earlier version. I looked at the latest version, but couldn't justify the added price for the modifications. The wing would definately look better, but other stuff wasn't a concern for me. I think a either will produce a great build. 

22 hours ago, general melchett said:

Thanks Thomo, yes, as well as the thinner wings the updated version seems to have crisper details, panel lines, exhaust turbines, etc which all look to be an improvement over the original issue. I believe the decal quality and definition have been upgraded too. 

I have both editions as far as I can make out there is no dicernable difference between the decals. They are far better than some may have you think on certain other fora

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1