Aircraft profile artiste

Mancunian airman

Hi all

I am in the process of undertaking a 2nd edition of my book 'Lancaster Operations' and I am on the look out for somebody who can produce artwork of aircraft that I have researched, something along the lines of those shown below.

34552531871_f71bf25d8b.jpg

I do like the style and clarity and would like something very similar.

I have seen profiles in numerous books of course but have little or no idea how to contact said artiste

many thanks 

Ian

• Like 1

Ian, 

I believe Jon Freeman does the artwork for all the Xtradecal sheets and is also a member of BM here - @Jon Freeman

The above Lanc profiles look to be a similar style, so perhaps a well worded PM to Jon might put you on the right track?

Cheers and good luck.... Dave.  

8 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

Hi all

I am in the process of undertaking a 2nd edition of my book 'Lancaster Operations' and I am on the look out for somebody who can produce artwork of aircraft that I have researched, something along the lines of those shown below.

34552531871_f71bf25d8b.jpg

I do like the style and clarity and would like something very similar.

I have seen profiles in numerous books of course but have little or no idea how to contact said artiste

many thanks 

Ian

You could try Simon Glancey at www.wwrgallery.co.uk

I hope this helps 

Juanita has done more than a dozen A-20/Boston profiles for me and she is outstanding , highly recommended . She posts on here occasionally looking for info for a profile, she does her best to ensure they are as accurate as possible.  

My friend Steve Nichols in the USA did the artwork for my Malta book and he also wrote and illustrated the Osprey Malta Spitfire Aces book,....he is very good;

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Good luck with the book mate,

Tony

I can also recommend Juanita Franzi at Aero Illustrations. She does extremely high quality work and I know from my own experience she has a meticulous approach to accuracy.

I am just looking at the Ceres book for which she did the profiles and they are very nice.

Samples

http://www.hyperscale.com/2017/galleries/wirrawayartworkjf_1.htm

• Like 2