MH-53E Dragon One

Abandoned Project

OK, I have had another crazy idea  (it just might work) for a MH-53E as Marine One. I have an italeri VH-71 Marine One which is being used elsewhere, so I have the spare decals and instructions plus a second set of decals to stretch the stripes. My main question is which green to use as all the pictures of Marine One are of a deep green not drab olive and all the blogs and posts I've read mention green but don't say which green! 

I eagerly await your response with gratitude....

Edited by dadofthree
Typo

Took a trip to my local model shop and told the tale of my paint woes and was duly advised to go with a can of Tamiya TS-28 drab olive 2 and spray over this with Tamiya TS-13 clear. 

Any objections? Or should I bow to superior wisdom? 

Edited by dadofthree

all the pictures of the past and present Marine One's show helos that are definitely of a drab olive style colour while humbrol 131 is way too green. the decal set you suggested is for a support vehicle not Marine One itself.having said that, the info you have supplied is very useful.

Edited by dadofthree

Yes, HU 131 may be too green, I have the Hasegawa MV-22 and Fujimi VH-53E kits in the stash and the suggested colour from Hasegawa and Fujimi is Gunze H340 (FS34097 - Field Green) for both.

I have just found another reference that the colour is FS14079, 'Presidential Olive Green'. Xtracolor does an acrylic version of this as XA1110 and it is also in their enamel range as Vietnam Forest Green (X110)

Not found a paint shop that does federal standard paint yet. Just to muddy the waters I did find e-paint.co.uk who do colour charts and in their FS595C range they list FS14079 green that looks wrong, FS14097 dark green which looks about right and then there's FS14081 Sikorsky green which looks about right as well!