Is the any sign of a MH.1521 Broussard in 1/72?

RidgeRunner

1 minute ago, stevehnz said:

a really cool aeroplane

Never thought of the Broussard as cool, ungainly yes (I think its the twin tails which give that impression), but also purposeful.  Funny how people perceive things differently.

Like I said, I'd have one but having just done a search on MrGoogle's Images I'd also have to do an Aeronavale one so make that two!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Like I said, I'd have one but having just done a search on MrGoogle's Images I'd also have to do an Aeronavale one so make that

I'd buy up a handful if there were any. Mine would surely be built in various African marks.

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

I've been asked to quote for a model of one or two for a friend. If he wants to go ahead, I'd be making a master and taking a silicone mould to cast them. It may not be highly detailed ( not much planning gone into it yet ), and probably wouldn't be designed to accomodate an interior as that wouldn't be seen in the framed presentation he wants, but I'll let you all know if it happens.

This is my reference aircraft.

broussard8.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Has anyone out there seen this obvious candidare for moulding in any 2018 release lists?

Martin

Hi Martin,

I would wish for one to, especially if injection molded and in 1/72.

Let's hope we see one soon.

Regards

Colin

I too would rather have injected kit of the Broussard but also think a resin bird in the hand is better than two injected birds in the bush, so I would  almost certainly buy your resin one depending on cost & post etc.

Steve.

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I too would rather have injected kit of the Broussard but also think a resin bird in the hand is better than two injected birds in the bush, so I would  almost certainly buy your resin one depending on cost & post etc.

Steve.

I'm with Steve on this, although postage isn't a factor for me.

I've got a couple of other projects to get out of the way first, one being a present for mid February, but I'll let everyone know once I make a start. I'll post up some pictures of the masters and see what everyone's thoughts are before I start any moulding. It's not a massive aircraft so the parts should fit a fairly small box for shipping. I don't have the facilities for printing high quality decals so you'll have to source ypur own.

34 minutes ago, Army_Air_Force said:

I've got a couple of other projects to get out of the way first, one being a present for mid February, but I'll let everyone know once I make a start. I'll post up some pictures of the masters and see what everyone's thoughts are before I start any moulding. It's not a massive aircraft so the parts should fit a fairly small box for shipping. I don't have the facilities for printing high quality decals so you'll have to source ypur own.

Sounds good to me. I'm pretty sure as far as decals go, I've a Model Art sheet with a/some Broussard scheme(s) on it. I've been dreaming one of these for yonks. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Sounds good to me. I'm pretty sure as far as decals go, I've a Model Art sheet with a/some Broussard scheme(s) on it. I've been dreaming one of these for yonks. :)

Steve.

Likewise, I've got the Model Art decals, just nothing to stick them on!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Army_Air_Force said:

Army_Air_Force...you're a lifesaver!

Could I stick my name into the hat for a Broussard also please? I've been after one for ages, and was prepared for injection, vac or resin...whatever it takes really! So I would like to buy one too when it happens. 

Just need a Fiat G.46 to finish the collection!

Best regards;
Steve

• Like 1

Army_Air_Forces;

I forgot to ask in all the excitement! The Broussard you flew in (not jealous....ok...I'm lying!) Is that the aircraft that used to belong to Graham Warner? 

Best regards;

Steve

It's the Real Aeroplane Company aircraft based at Breighton Aerodrome near Selby, North yorks. They've had it two or three years I think, but not sure who owned it before.

Here's a few more pics of the aircraft.

broussard1.jpg

broussard3.jpg

broussard21.jpg

bruce35.jpg

broussard11.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force
  • Thanks 1