Holiday Build #2 - Supra

Ian

So the second holiday project has hit the bench:

V9oMURe.jpg

RqQBi10.jpg

Tamiya's 'Toms' Supra GT, definitely not going to be finished in the kit-supplied Castrol colours:

7xPGJg5.jpg

SFGeZah.jpg

Tamiya's TS-8 'Italian Red'  with AK Xtreme Metals' Polished Aluminium' and some hand painted matt black (first coat only in these photos). The insides are all AK Xtreme Metals' 'Dark Aluminium' but obviously only just started, the cage is glued together but not to the chassis in these pics.

X4yqsvx.jpg

pqMnAGf.jpg

Bodyshell is TS-94 'Metallic Grey'. Two light coats and nowhere near shiny enough, so I'll brush on a coat of Klear/Future before decalling, then another afterward. Going to keep the final 'look' a surprise as long as I can, but hopefully y'all will get a kick from it. Not too many 'What If' cars around so nice to do something that little bit outta 'left field', eh ?

More soon.

Ian.

• Like 1

So a couple of days of airbrushing and hand-painting the smaller parts and a couple of sub-assemblies and I'm ready to do 'gluing together'.

wGDagyE.jpg

KZ3l4NS.jpg

Next session (whenever that may be) and I should get almost all of the rolling chassis together.

Stay tuned, folks.

Ian.

• Like 1

Ok, just so just me and the tumbleweed.... :tumble: Two-and-a-half hour uninterrupted session this afternoon (it's Sunday here).

iiKHtyy.jpg

BXf7bHX.jpg

XTkMTGH.jpg

68F0W2T.jpg

9gCrg0N.jpg

All straight from the box including the (decal) seat harness, no 'detail-up' set here !

Next, decals !!

Ian.

• Like 1

...done !! - Yep it's a 'What If'. Taisan Racing never fielded a Supra GT AFAIK, so here's what it may have looked like if it they had.

0ntuY0T.jpg

More pics in the 'RFI' thread.

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 2