KP 2018

GreenDragon

KP have announced several kits (new tool and repops) for 2018 including a new tool ALCA L-159. That's me happy then! http://www.modelarovo.cz/kovozavody-prostejov-v-roce-2018/

Paul Harrison

The Spitfire Vc should prove a popular kit and the MiG-23UB caught my attention in particular but why is that Su-22UM so strangely attractive!?! :wub:

7 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

Tempted with the Aero 304 - looks like a Czech Anson.

My wallet is unhappy about the Spitfire Vc though...

Thought you might be interested in that spitfire Lee! Isn't the Vc the variant everyone was asking Airfix for? Never saw the Aero 304 before but it does look interesting.

Paul Harrison

5 hours ago, Hook said:

Would any of our Czech speaking citizens have any idea if the Su-22 and Su-25 are new tools, or the Ancient Ones Of Old?

Cheers,

Andre

5 hours ago, Hook said:

Would any of our Czech speaking citizens have any idea if the Su-22 and Su-25 are new tools, or the Ancient Ones Of Old?

Cheers,

Andre

The Su-25's are indeed based on the older OEZ kits, how much new plastic will be added I don't know.

The Su-7U and Su-22U are also based on the older kits but it says that they both come with new fuselages so the only original parts I can think of that will remain are the wings and tail surfaces. I will happily snap up an Su-7U at the very least.

21 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

The Su-25's are indeed based on the older OEZ kits, how much new plastic will be added I don't know.

I wish someone would do a decent set of wheel wells for these kits :pray:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

The Su-7U and Su-22U are also based on the older kits but it says that they both come with new fuselages so the only original parts I can think of that will remain are the wings and tail surfaces. I will happily snap up an Su-7U at the very least.

Alright, thanks. The Su-7U would be new, but Pantera did release a Su-22UM:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/143053-pantera-7202-su22um-3k-fitter-g

Cheers,

Andre

4 minutes ago, Hook said:

Alright, thanks. The Su-7U would be new, but Pantera did release a Su-22UM:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/143053-pantera-7202-su22um-3k-fitter-g

Cheers,

Andre

Yes they did, but I assume (maybe incorrectly) that as KP say that they will be adding new parts for the fuselage etc that they will be producing them.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I wish someone would do a decent set of wheel wells for these kits :pray:

Get your plasticard and modelling skills out man! ;)

Hei,

There is also some information from the same group on http://www.azmodel.cz/2018/01/az-model-v-roce-2018/

Čeká nás opět rok tvrdé práce na nových modelech se značkou AZ model. Připravujeme pro vás pokračování řady Bf 109, nabídneme vám poslední sériovou variantu K. Dokončujeme velmi pohledný stroj – Vought Kingfisher v plovákové i kolové verzi.

Splněním loňského slibu bude řada letounů Cessna – verze 150/152 a 180/185.

Velmi oblíbené přebaly obohatí druhoválečná klasika – North American B-25J Mitchell, založený na výliscích Italeri.

Google translate results gives:

More BF 109s including the Me 109K

Vought Kingfisher

Cessna 150/152/180/185

North American B-25J Mitchell based on the Italeri molds.

• Like 1

The complete translation:

We have a year of hard work on new AZ model kits ahead of us again. We will continue with the Bf-109 line, and we will bring you the last produced version -- version K. We also recommend very good-looking aircraft - Vought Kingfisher, both in version with wheels and floats.

We will honour the last year's promise of bringing a range of Cessna aircraft kits - versions 150/152 and 180/185.

Very popular reboxes will be joined by a WWII classic - North American B-25J Mitchell based on Italeri moulds.

7 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

The Spitfire Vc is of course the kit that most interest me here. Not that the others are bad, but a good and easily available 1/72  Vc has long been a serious omission from the Spitfire family

Any problems with the Sword 1:72 Vc? I have the tropical version in my stash and it keeps staring at me.

Cheers,

Bill

14 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Any problems with the Sword 1:72 Vc? I have the tropical version in my stash and it keeps staring at me.

Cheers,

Bill

It can be a tricky build (though not for a man of your qualities, Bill), but otherwise it's fine. If the AZ one has the same narrow-chord wings that their Vb has, it will be less accurate than the Sword. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Cheers,

Bill

There's mainly one big problem with the Sword Vc: they are not really easily available !  Yes, as Procopius said they can be tricky to build, but this problem is negligible compared to the fact that finding one is often not too easy. Like most Sword products, it's one of those kits that will disappear after the first production run, anyone interested should buy it immediately (or in this case should have bought). What I'd like is a kit that can be ordered online or bought in a shop anytime I feel the need to buy one

• Like 1