Su-27 Flanker - FINALLY DONE!

Thanks Vultures1 and bearmatt! The kit is the venerable 1/72 Su-27 Flanker B by Airfix, it has a very accurate shape but is a pain to put together and has poor panel line/rivet detail.

I added all the surface detail (top and bottom) and added SAC undercarriage, Pavla canopy (Airfix one is the wrong shape), Neomega resin exhaust nozzles, Master pitot tube and Aires resin wheels (as well as a host of PE bits)...no wonder it took so long! Stay tuned for the diorama base, I will try to get some decent pics when that is done.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, James G said:

Hi All. I have a small update for you on the evolution of the diorama base, hope you like:

20180107_221456[1]

20180113_093311[1]

20180118_214411[1]

20180120_165331[1]

20180122_212300[1]

Looking good! Will be final pics with the aircraft?

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I'm really enjoying the diorama aspect of the build. Igor - yes I will pop up some completed pics (when it is done in a couple of weeks time hopefully). I'll see if I can track down someone with a decent camera and get a proper lighting set-up as the photos with my phone are not that good!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, James G said:

Igor - yes I will pop up some completed pics (when it is done in a couple of weeks time hopefully). I'll see if I can track down someone with a decent camera and get a proper lighting set-up as the photos with my phone are not that good!

OK! Really it is better not to shoot the phone camera.

• Like 1

Hello James,

Very nice flanker !

the weathering is top notch ! I like it

The dio will be great too, Can't wait to see it finished !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...