Well Hello There

crumper

A Happy New Year to you all.

Came back to modelling last year after a 40 year break. Amazed by the kits, paints, weathering products etc available today. I played with some of the new paints and weathering on my first few kits, Tamiya kubelwagen, schwimmwagen, and Wespe and was quite pleased with the results, considering how long it was since a built or painted anything. Then it all went horribly wrong and I started producing stuff like this  (Tamiya Simca, 2 Italieri Sahrianas and Hobby Boss Skoda Turtle :-

EtXuWWT.jpgXxZ9lOo.jpg

mQwW7MT.jpgqDEhU1F.jpg

I suspect this sort of model building isn't to everyones taste but it keeps me happy and off the streets which is generally a good thing. Looking forward to picking up some tips on how to improve my modelling skills. Currently working on a horse-drawn Humvee.

Cheers folks :smile:

• Like 3

Thanks for the welcome folks

51 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Welcome to BM.

I love the retro road-going, pushmepullyou Dalek.

Pushmepullyou Dalek was exactly what I thought when I first saw the kit I made it from, although I prefer to think of iit as EXTRAPOLATE :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome to BM, crumper, you will find these are some of the best guys around; and, that this site is a goldmine. I loved the top photo; it looks like a vehicle that escaped George Miller's fleet from the last "Mad Max" movie! If you have a question, problem, or, just want to post a comment; don't hesitate to do so. You will have a lot of fun here.

Joe

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

Welcome to BM, crumper, you will find these are some of the best guys around; and, that this site is a goldmine. I loved the top photo; it looks like a vehicle that escaped George Miller's fleet from the last "Mad Max" movie! If you have a question, problem, or, just want to post a comment; don't hesitate to do so. You will have a lot of fun here.

Joe

Glad you liked the little simca, the mad max look was what I was going for