Airfix 1/72 Phantom FG.1 in Stock at Hornby

VMA131Marine

Hornby just charged me for my pre-order on the new 1/72 Phantom FG.1 so these should start showing up in people's mailboxes and in stores soon. I can't wait to get mine; I ordered 5 to get free shipping to the US.

• Like 5

Me too! :smile:  although I only ordered the one direct from Airfix (+ 2 more from Big H at 10% off).

Rich

Edited by RichG

8 minutes ago, RichG said:

Me too! :smile:  although I only ordered the one direct from Airfix (+ 2 more from Big H at 10% off).

Rich

I get 10% off as an Airfix club member and also didn't pay VAT since my kits are being exported.

• Like 1

I'm getting a bit nervous now. I had the email saying they were now in. Not sure what swmbo will say when it comes but it won't be pleasant thats for sure.:wtf:    ....:worry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Paul J said:

I'm getting a bit nervous now. I had the email saying they were now in. Not sure what swmbo will say when it comes but it won't be pleasant thats for sure.:wtf:    ....:worry:

Just tell her that she looks different, and before she replies, say that she has lost weight!

Edited by Tomppa B
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Nice surprise tonight my wife told me I had a parcel from Hornby due tomorrow, they text her! How the hell did that happen I ask. So of course I’ve been getting asked what it is. My reply was it’s just a model (actually two of them!!) can’t wait.

6 minutes ago, delticfan said:

Nice surprise tonight my wife told me I had a parcel from Hornby due tomorrow, they text her! How the hell did that happen I ask. So of course I’ve been getting asked what it is. My reply was it’s just a model (actually two of them!!) can’t wait.

Same here, when I increase my stash bloody ebay sends a email to the misses and tells her what I've been up to. Bloody big brother

• Like 1

Mine is due today courtesy DPD. according to an email I got yesterday. Thing is wife works from home and that's where it will be delivered . Will have to face some interrogation when I get home later. Would have had it delivered to work but not allowed to any more due to some people abusing the system and overloading the real work goods in people have to deal with. Oh well.

I got away with it!!:wink:  I just told her that I placed an order for it over a year ago and waited. Basically the truth. No bad words or exchange of fire that I expected.  Little does one know I have another to be collected next week at the club.....:smirk:

Any way I have had a good look at it and I have to say it is blinking marvellous!1 Very fine rivet detail here and there fine panel lines, though a little heavy at base of fuselage where it meets wing top. Some very clever engineering and tooling design. It looks very complicated but is so complete with the four or more ways of finishing it! And the decal sheet.... WOW so much stencilling .... it'l take a forthnight at least with drying time allowing , to complete those alone! Beautifully done set indeed.
OK so it might lack one or two details described elsewhere to much controversy but it more than makes up for it in quality. Looking  forward to making a start...BUT I must finish the several others before I touch it again.Got to clear the bench/desk first... part of the New year resolution....

• Like 2

It’s here (singular if talking to the boss), on this forum they’re here! two of the beauties! Love the big box feels like a proper model, don’t like the curled up decals inside the instructions but that’s minor. Going to be sick of stencils I think. Only gripe is the closed canopy section is heavily scratched any thoughts on a polishing product? Otherwise great, I notice spruce 6 is the only difference between fg1 and fgr2.

6 hours ago, Paul J said:

I got away with it!!:wink:  I just told her that I placed an order for it over a year ago and waited. Basically the truth. No bad words or exchange of fire that I expected.  Little does one know I have another to be collected next week at the club.....:smirk:

Any way I have had a good look at it and I have to say it is blinking marvellous!1 Very fine rivet detail here and there fine panel lines, though a little heavy at base of fuselage where it meets wing top. Some very clever engineering and tooling design. It looks very complicated but is so complete with the four or more ways of finishing it! And the decal sheet.... WOW so much stencilling .... it'l take a forthnight at least with drying time allowing , to complete those alone! Beautifully done set indeed.
OK so it might lack one or two details described elsewhere to much controversy but it more than makes up for it in quality. Looking  forward to making a start...BUT I must finish the several others before I touch it again.Got to clear the bench/desk first... part of the New year resolution....

'must finish the several others before I touch it'

been saying that for years - that is why I have 91 under way!

PM

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For those with SWMBO’s complaining about purchasing models, simply point out you are keeping British jobs and a piece of history in business!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 1/2/2018 at 8:18 PM, Paul J said:

Ha ha.  I'm in a similar position.  The mensahib bought me the Revell Shackleton for Christmas.  I've still got her present from last year to build (Airfix Victor) and the year before (Valiant) so I'm expecting some 'are you ever actually going to build any of these' comments soon.

• Haha 2

I bought 3 via Ebay yesterday. Before anyone says 'Ebay is killing off the LMS', the seller I bought them off is my LMS. I just don't have the time to visit him this weekend.

• Like 1

I made the mistake of assuming that because I'd updated my delivery details for previous purchases,that the pre-order delivery details would be updated too.

Thankfully there was nobody in at my old address yesterday to half inch it........got to wait till Monday before I can get my hands on it though.

I've waited a year,you'd think another two days would be easy!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dreadeddrew said:

I made the mistake of assuming that because I'd updated my delivery details for previous purchases,that the pre-order delivery details would be updated too.

Thankfully there was nobody in at my old address yesterday to half inch it........got to wait till Monday before I can get my hands on it though.

I've waited a year,you'd think another two days would be easy!!

Snap!!

8 hours ago, 71chally said:

Anyone here going to show first images of the box contents?

Here's some quick ones of the sprues etc. From what I can see its got some VERY nice surface detail but it's such a shame the vents on the top of the intakes and rear fuselage above the exhausts are missing. Not even decals are provided. Anyway, anyone want specific close ups let me know.

38645286655_50a4688201_h.jpgIMG_2921 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

25670834558_95bbb34733_h.jpgIMG_2908 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

39511798042_0e71c90e06_h.jpgIMG_2909 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

39541651441_b29903bf4a_h.jpgIMG_2910 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

39541646941_728c07df4d_h.jpgIMG_2911 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

27765275749_f31e743125_h.jpgIMG_2912 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

24673682637_e028e278c2_h.jpgIMG_2913 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

39541634551_8b7ebbdf75_h.jpgIMG_2916 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

38832544944_a93241b05c_h.jpgIMG_2914 by Keith Sherwood, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8