Airfix 1/72 Me-262a 1960 Edition

I like the colours very much, but something bothers me;

I don't know if it is me but the canopy seems huge when you compare it to another "Schwalbe".

What do you think?

You have done a stellar job on this really ancient kit.

However; it looks almost, but not quite, like an Me 262 A.

Polo1112 is right, there is something not quite right in it's canopy shape.

Strange, as I thought it was a truly brilliant kit when I first build one - in about 1965!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, polo1112 said:

I like the colours very much, but something bothers me;

I don't know if it is me but the canopy seems huge when you compare it to another "Schwalbe".

What do you think?

The canopy sits way to high compared to other Me262s.  I plan on building it's new companion shortly.  It's a vintage kit with outline inaccuracies but it does look the part.  Kit came out 15 years after WWII.

Looks the part? I reckon it could give the old Defiant a run for its money in the 'Vague Similarity' stakes!

Nicely finished though.

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Looks the part? I reckon it could give the old Defiant a run for its money in the 'Vague Similarity' stakes!

Nicely finished though.

Ha!  It surely can't be confused for anything other than an Me262a.  I built this one as a comparision to the new version.  

18 minutes ago, bhouse said:

It looks great to me - but I don't remember Airfix's moulding techniques being up to making that DF aerial in 1960!

I added an aerial, pitot tube and masking tape seat belts.  I lost the nose wheel and replaced all the wheels from the spares box.

I am another who built this kit a very long time ago - and then a number of conversions from Alan Hall in Airfix Magazine! Thanks for showing us one of the true classics from the past, and beautifully finished, whatever the inaccuracies of the kit.

P

On 1/5/2018 at 6:26 PM, pheonix said:

I am another who built this kit a very long time ago - and then a number of conversions from Alan Hall in Airfix Magazine! Thanks for showing us one of the true classics from the past, and beautifully finished, whatever the inaccuracies of the kit.

P

That's when one had to do conversions in order to get any other variants.  Only kits from back then in 1/72, this one and the Revell.  I don't recall others.

12 hours ago, hurricane39 said:

Fantastic job on an ancient kit.  Still waiting for my LHS to obtain the new kit.

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

If it wasn’t for that way to oversized canopy you could fool people into thinking this was the new tool kit! Fantastic job!

Yeah that canopy sure gives it a funny look to it.

Nice,I remember makeing this kit when it came as a dog fight double with the mosquito.I was very excited to get two kits in one box.

Edited by fatalbert