IBG's 1/72 Bedford QLB Camo question

nsmekanik

I'm building IBG's 1/72 QLB and the decal option I want to do is for a vehicle of the 1st Battery of the 54 light AA Artillery Regiment, 11 Armoured Division, France, 1944, truck # H5467123. The question I have is is it possible to tell whether this vehicle was delivered in SCC 2 or SCC 15? Or is it just a best guess situation?

I imagine it's best guess, unless you can be reasonably sure when your example was built. 

Of course even an older vehicle could have been repainted if it needed it. 

Pick the one you like best! 

• 1 month later...

I have photographs of the kit subject.  It is a modern restoration, the WD  number is for  a QLB so that is genuine.  The restored vehicle is finished in SCC.15 and black MM scheme but this  may simply  be the owner's choice rather than based on a photograph or anecdotal evidence which can be misleading.  So it really is as stated best guess.   If you want to depict the restoration then mail me and I can send images.  BTW the WD number should only be on the offside cab and rear.  This regulation came in in 1942 but kit companies don't know that so provide three numbers.  This is why pictures of left side vehicles often don't show a number. 

• Like 1