Photo Etch Detail Sets for Hasegawa P1Y Frances/Ginga - 1:72 Eduard

Photo Etch Detail Sets for Hasegawa P1Y Frances/Ginga

1:72 Eduard

p1y_01.jpg

Eduard seem to be busy enough keeping up with all the new releases from the likes of Airfix, Revell, Trumpeter etc., as well as producing their own stuff. Occassionally, however, they find the time to address some of the omissions from their not-inconsiderable catalogue of aftermarket goodies. This is the case with this new set of photo etched parts and masks for Hasegawa's P1Y Frances. I still think of the Hase Frances as a modern kit - and I suppose it is - but even I must admit I was slightly surprised when I checked back and found the kit was first produced about 20 years ago. How time flies!

P1Y Frances/Ginga

p1y_02.jpg

p1y_03.jpg

The set is a classic slice of Eduard, with two frets used to cover the entire airfame. The first set is pre-painted and includes a lot of parts for the cockpit. Included are parts for detailing the instrument panel and sidewalls, as well as throttle controls, radio gear and harnesses for the crew seats. The second fret is much larger and includes detailed liners for the inside of the fuselage around the cockpit, as well as parts for detailing the landing gear, bomb racks, bomb bay doors and the ballistic tails of the bombs themselves. Ignition wiring for the radial engines is also included on this fret. 

bin.jpg

P1Y Frances/Ginga Zoom Set

The zoom set contains the first fret from the above set, with a correspondingly lower price tag. Ideal for those who want to jazz the cockpit up without spending a lot of money. 

bin.jpg

P1Y Frances/Ginga Pre-Cut Masks

In the usual Eduard style, this set includes masks for the canopy and both the main and tail wheels. Sometimes these sets are a bit of a luxury, but in the case of the Frances, it's almost essential thanks to the intricate framework of the canopy. 

bin.jpg

Conclusion

If you have Hasegawa's kit of this sleek and handsome aircraft, then you'll be able to move it to the top of the 'to do' pile thanks for Eduard's handy new sets. The masks in particular are a very welcome time saver. Recommended.

Review sample courtesy of 

logo.gif