75th Anniversary Battle of the Bulge GB @20

Blitz23

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2018 at 18:09, modelling minion said:

Already looking forward to another awesome Stix winter armour diorama!

Thanks Craig but there won’t be a GB unless we get some more modellers signing up!

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 11:57 AM, PlaStix said:

Thanks Craig but there won’t be a GB unless we get some more modellers signing up!

Sign me up then - I'll consider my build to be the price of admission to seeing whatever Stix comes up with!

Maybe I should plan my first ever tank build for this one.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Sign me up then - I'll consider my build to be the price of admission to seeing whatever Stix comes up with!

Maybe I should plan my first ever tank build for this one.

Sounds like a good idea Cookie!

If @Cookenbacher & @nimrod54 are in, then I’m in too. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

One question H. Can I class a Jeep as an automobile? :lol:

As long as my M4 halftrack does too 🤗. We are getting very far away from things with wings. 

Are you going for 144 scale jeep😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like this is getting more interest! Great stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a couple of things I think will go well together in a bit of a vignette. Before I've tended to group things from the same side together - whereas this time I’ve got the start of an idea for one side vs the other.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

As long as my M4 halftrack does too 🤗. We are getting very far away from things with wings. 

Are you going for 144 scale jeep😂

Not too far away mate, automobiles have wings as well. :fool:

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 9:00 PM, PlaStix said:

Looks like this is getting more interest! Great stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a couple of things I think will go well together in a bit of a vignette. Before I've tended to group things from the same side together - whereas this time I’ve got the start of an idea for one side vs the other.

Kind regards,

Stix

I'm already looking forward to it!

Sounds intriguing, do we need to start a poll guessing what the combatants might be?

• Haha 1

When you stop & think about it, The Battle of the Bulge covers everything from fighters, fighter bombers, med bombers to heavies carrying out tactical bombing of German supply areas & transport junctions, plus on the ground, pretty much everything operated by the Wehrmacht, Waffen-SS, US Army & even some British formations firstly defending the Meuse bridges around Namur & Dinant & then counter attacking with the US 1st army against the northern bounderies of the bulge. Truly something for everyone.

Steve.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 1/7/2018 at 10:23 PM, Blitz23 said:

Of course, yep allied and axis, either aircraft, armour or otherwise :yes:  I personally just bought Anthony Beevor's Ardennes 1944 today, should be a good read.

I also bought this book on your recommendation and it’s a brilliant account, giving the background and detail to these operations. So I think a Tiger tank, P47, P51, 109 and 190 all built together and great shelf buddies, such possibilities 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I also bought this book on your recommendation and it’s a brilliant account, giving the background and detail to these operations. So I think a Tiger tank, P47, P51, 109 and 190 all built together and great shelf buddies, such possibilities 

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, it really do enjoy his books. Everyone of them I've read has been fascinating.

• Like 1

Nice to see this get some attention. I've been a complete horse of combat ;) as regards GBs so far this year, I can't see this changing anytime soon but hope by next year life will have decided to cooperate a little more. I still reckon this is the Group Build with something for everyone with an interest in WW2 stuff.

Steve.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bigfoot said:

I’d definitely be in for this one, first group build. One of the most interesting periods of the war for me.

It definitely is, such a big collection of events too 

Any ideas on what you’d build?