75th Anniversary Battle of the Bulge GB @20

Blitz23

Happy new year guys, read an article on Bodenplatte earlier thought it would be a cool topic for a GB, having said that stevehnz suggested to make it A Battle of the Bulge 75th Anniversary GB, which I think is a good idea and it gives the GB a broader appeal.

Some interest now with: 

Blitz23 (myself)

Brad

Corsairfoxfouruncle

jrlx

Ozzy

TEMPESTMK5

franky boy

Valkyrie

Arniec

Sabre_days

stevehnz

SimonT

modelling minion

Plastix

Badder

Atom.uk

SleeperService

Cookenbacher

nimrod54

Hockeyboy76

Edited by Blitz23
Link correction
  • Like 4

I'll play here.

There are several old Aeromaster sheets for Bodenplatte, there's also a couple of quite large sheets from DP Casper Decals, several Hasegawa 109's and 190's come with appropriate decals OOB, the Fine Molds 109K and the Kagero book comes with a decal sheet for the profiles inside it.

• Like 1

I'd be interested. Any possibility of building WWII aircraft is to be commended! I'm not sure I have any suitable decals but there's still time to check. I have plenty of 109s, 190s and Spits :D

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

Love the topic, be good to have it start on New Years Day...

perhaps a 190 and 109 double build in matching winter camo 

plenty time to research

IN.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Love the topic, be good to have it start on New Years Day...

perhaps a 190 and 109 double build in matching winter camo 

plenty time to research

IN.....

Good idea that!

• Like 1

Seeing as Bodenplatte was so much a part of the air war in the Battle of the Bulge/ 1944-45 Ardennes campaign, it might have wider appeal to extend the scope of the GB to all air ops in this campaign?

Steve.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Seeing as Bodenplatte was so much a part of the air war in the Battle of the Bulge/ 1944-45 Ardennes campaign, it might have wider appeal to extend the scope of the GB to all air ops in this campaign?

Steve.

In that case I might try my first tank with a 190 swooping over it in the snow! Got loads of 190s in the stash and plenty of fake snow left from the wedding (it snowed on the day!) Big dark brooding Tiger with red number...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Steve.

I think that would be a good idea, could also include Armour then.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, stevehnz said:

Definitely. I was hesitant to suggest that lest I was seen to be hijacking someone else's idea but it does make sense,  75th Anniversary Battle of the Bulge GB in 2019? :)

Steve

No definitely not, it gives the GB a broader appeal :yes:

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, stevehnz said:

Definitely. I was hesitant to suggest that lest I was seen to be hijacking someone else's idea but it does make sense,  75th Anniversary Battle of the Bulge GB in 2019? :)

Steve

Btw Steve am I including your interest for this GB and adding you to the list?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Would we be including the Allied aircraft from the campaign too?

Just finished reading "To Win The Winter Sky" by Danny Parker which covers the air operations by both sides in Ardennes and I quite fancy either a P-47 or P-61 on a snowy airfield.

Craig.

Of course, yep allied and axis, either aircraft, armour or otherwise :yes:  I personally just bought Anthony Beevor's Ardennes 1944 today, should be a good read.

• Like 2