This is really looking good the figures will set it off a treat  :yes:

beefy

Cheers beefy :) just got to paint them now :rofl:

Joss

On 12/01/2018 at 15:03, PlaStix said:

Great work on the etch Joss. Excellent progress! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix it looks ok :) not a batch on your etch work though!

Regards

Joss

On 12/01/2018 at 11:10, fatfingers said:

Aye up Joss.

Lovely work on the etch and will looh great with a bit of paint on it :yes:

Agree about HVSS Shermans looking more menacing and hefty. Especially when it has a great gonzo 105 in the turret! :fight:

Regards.

Steve

Thank Steve it's not to bad I suppose! :) I've got the paint on will post pictures abit later.

They look proper tough like don't they!

All the best 

Joss

• Like 1

so I've got most of it painted and ready for the decals not sure what option to go for but maybe the one with Andy on the side of the turret next to the star.

I painted her black first.

IMG_20180114_131236

IMG_20180114_131243

And I painted it with these,

IMG_20180114_132055

And here she is painted

IMG_20180114_142236

IMG_20180114_142243

I have glossed her up aswell so she is ready for decals :)

That's all for now folks

All the best

Joss

• Like 10

Thanks for stopping round for a look and for the kind comments much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

I've got the decals on. 

IMG_20180116_203623

I've added some baggage I've got I don't think I'm going to go to over board on it but let me know what you think!

IMG_20180116_201627

I  made a few sand bags but I think the left hand side ones are to big so I've made them smaller now!

And I made some logs from abit of square balsa. I might tie them down to the side.

WIP

IMG_20180116_210526

Done

IMG_20180116_211125

Let me know what you think not really sure on what I can get away with.

Regards

Joss

• Like 8

Great progress, nice colours.

What gloss did you use?

Oh, and I agree with Sarge. If I want logs I use twigs. If you want wood,  you can't beat wood. Stop giggling you Americans!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 4

On 17/01/2018 at 21:34, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Looking good dude.  :coolio:

Would some reasonably stout twigs not be a better bet than balsa?  That irregularity & variation in texture is hard to simulate.

Cheers sarge! I think you might be right,

I'll have a look at work see what I can find. Any recommendations on what plant I'm looking for? :)

Regards

Joss

On 17/01/2018 at 22:45, Badder said:

Great progress, nice colours.

What gloss did you use?

Oh, and I agree with Sarge. If I want logs I use twigs. If you want wood,  you can't beat wood. Stop giggling you Americans!

Rearguards,

Badder

Cheers badder, erm I think I used humbrol rattle can arcylics gloss. Haha yeah I thought they didn't look quite right! I'll have a nosey around and see what I can find. What would suggest for best replicating tree trunk? :)

Regards

Joss

Evening everyone more progress not so many photos just the fun of the wheels :)

IMG_20180201_211249

Just the idler wheel left to go and the little wheels then tracks on then weather :) getting there! 

Regards

Joss

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2018 at 00:27, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

This is looking really good 👍

Cheers, glad you like it! :)

On 03/02/2018 at 05:19, stevej60 said:

Superb work Joss coming together nicely.

Thanks Steve, getting there! I'm procrastinating  as I've to stick 158 little teeth onto the tracks!!:yes: I'll have here done at some point though! 

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, Joss said:

Cheers badder, erm I think I used humbrol rattle can arcylics gloss. Haha yeah I thought they didn't look quite right! I'll have a nosey around and see what I can find. What would suggest for best replicating tree trunk? :)

Regards

Joss

Hi Joss,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. For logs I'd use thin twigs. Just visit your garden, or a nearby hedgerow and have a look around. Obviously you want straight bits of the right length and with a nice bark texture. Trees, bushes and shrubs come in a variety of sizes and textures so you should find something suitable. If you can't find anything with a nice barky texture get one with a smooth texture and then carve the bark pattern into it with a scalpel.

May I ask why you've chosen a reddish/rust colour for the dirt on the wheels and around the hatch?

Rearguards,

Badder

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Excellent progress Joss - coming together very nicely. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix! 

5 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Joss,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. For logs I'd use thin twigs. Just visit your garden, or a nearby hedgerow and have a look around. Obviously you want straight bits of the right length and with a nice bark texture. Trees, bushes and shrubs come in a variety of sizes and textures so you should find something suitable. If you can't find anything with a nice barky texture get one with a smooth texture and then carve the bark pattern into it with a scalpel.

May I ask why you've chosen a reddish/rust colour for the dirt on the wheels and around the hatch?

Rearguards,

Badder

Cheers badder, I'll have a look at work tomorrow see what small twigs I can reuse! 

I have to admit with the red one I got a box set of four and the label said cargo dust and it looked a brown in the pot so I just bungged it on but I don't think it looks 110, just did get round to removing it!

Cheers

Joss

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while but heres some more. I've got the tracks on and I'm about to weather them. I made a box from a scale door onfound. But I'm might leave it off the back. Just got the little fiddly things to do them I'll paint the crew.

IMG_20180302_222905

IMG_20180302_222931

IMG_20180302_223009

Joss

• Like 4