KW T800 and Utility trailer done

Here's my Kenworth done. I couldn't get any outside pictures because of the low sun and the extreme cold. Here's the link to the build of it.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013976-kw-t800-with-reefer-trailer/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-2907201

Boyko_129_done_Dec_31_2017_8.jpg

Boyko_129_done_Dec_31_2017_2.jpg

Boyko_129_done_Dec_31_2017_3.jpg

Boyko_129_done_Dec_31_2017_4.jpg

Boyko_129_done_Dec_31_2017_5.jpg

Boyko_129_done_Dec_31_2017_6.jpg

• Like 16

On 12/31/2017 at 10:10 PM, Jim Wasley said:

Lovely Build.

On 1/1/2018 at 8:20 AM, Flagon said:

Awesome result, incredible conversion and detail work in this!

Thanks, the T800 is a beautiful still classy looking rig. This fleet stands out on the road, not just the colour scheme, but so many trucks are all new aerodynamic Volvos, Peterbilts  etc. These are in regular sevice between Winnipeg and Edmonton, Calgary. They also have a few dropdeck platform trailers for hauling whatever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

Great work, good to see it finished.

thanks, want to make another, this time for myself. But have a couple of airliners I want to do a bit sooner.

I've just caught up with your build and I'm really impressed with your scratch work on the reefer. It's one area that gets neglected on most trailer kits but you have really nailed it with your build.

The finished truck looks really good.

Stuart

1 hour ago, Stu_davros said:

I've just caught up with your build and I'm really impressed with your scratch work on the reefer. It's one area that gets neglected on most trailer kits but you have really nailed it with your build.

The finished truck looks really good.

Stuart

thanks Stuart, the owner of the trailer wanted to make sure I made this reefer. Reefers are as critical as the correct wheels.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

23 hours ago, richellis said:

A nice build! I enjoyed following the build!

Thanks, when I went to deliver it, Larry, the one I built it for said the walls on the trailer are wrong, should have been smooth sided with no rivets. Well, there is but they are very small compared to the kit rivets. I'll leave them off and smooth. I have another trailer which I may replace the rivets with 3d printed ones. The actual trailer was there, but it was cold and very windy so I didn't feel like going outside but still have the photos I took. I took the trailer home and am have all the rivets ground off and bodywork done smooth. I just left the seams of the panels. I have to now carefully mask it and repaint the white areas. I didn't like the white much anyway,  wasn't very bright and it's supposed to be a new trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the carefully refinished trailer with the rivets removed and repainted with Testors white. Only the white areas were repainted. I had to replace the chrome decals and Utility decals on the front corners and remove the reefer and front parts very carefully. I actually like the white finish better now, more brighter and the customer is happy with it.

Jan_18_2018_Boyko_trailer_refinished.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/27/2022 at 9:47 PM, adrianm2 said:

Another amazing build.

👋👋👋👋👋

Always enjoy your WIP threads.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, I try to document everything I build. Hopefully we can learn from each others.