B707, DC-9, B727, B747 Airliner Builds

I really dig the TWA 707. Did you use the standard airliner kit, or did you go with an AWACS version to avoid having the fill and sand over the kit windows?

Beautiful job; i think Heller really nailed the "Look" of the plane.

-d-

Thank you EVERY ONE! For your kind comments. Does my heart good to do this sort of work and be appreciated for it. There are more, but all in boxed unbuilt form for now. My stash is quite large, and will keep me at the bench busy until well into old age. I build only one at a time, so work is tedious, meticulous, and slow. On the workbench now is a 1/72 scale Heller Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation which will be finished in KLM "Flying Duthcman" livery, decals crafted and printed beautifully by Dutch Decal. Fuselage and tail are together and nearly completely sanded. You'll see it here when it is complete...no estimate as to finish time...but it will be quite a while.

4 hours ago, David H said:

I really dig the TWA 707. Did you use the standard airliner kit, or did you go with an AWACS version to avoid having the fill and sand over the kit windows?

Beautiful job; i think Heller really nailed the "Look" of the plane.

-d-

Agreed! Heller did a fine job on the 707 kit. I like it very much. The kit pictured here is an airliner kit, not an AWACS one. So I most certainly filled and sanded every window. This particular model was assembled, filled and sanded, then put aside for several years before being taken up again to be completed. When it was begun, 26 Decals didn't exist, nor did Nazca. I'm glad I waited, though without knowing why, so that it turned out as nicely as it did. Thank you for your kind comments.

Really nice, the level of care in painting to get straight demarcation lines without any ridges or imperfections is great, my favorite is definitely the 707, you can't beat TWA colours!

Rich