This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Notifications - topics, PMs, etc.

I've had nothing, but I'm delighted with that as I don't want emails about stuff I don't need to know!

A bit patchy for me - some I get and a lot I don't.

My provider is hotmail.com

Kind regards

Ben

Ok, I've sent that info to the guys & gals at Support, and we'll hopefully get some sense out of them soon.  Please bear in mind that it does take some time for any changes to settings/credentials to take effect, and judging by the new members that are receiving their validating messages, we're getting down the list  :) 

Incidentally, as per the announcement at the top of the forum, first check you have the correct email address in your profile, and that you haven't got a bunch of them rattling round in your Spam folder.  Gmail loves to throw our stuff in Spam, historically bless 'em <_<

46 minutes ago, badger said:

A bit patchy for me - some I get and a lot I don't.

My provider is hotmail.com

Kind regards

Ben

Hi Mike - same for me on Hotmail.com

Cheers

Nick

Can I be contrary as usual and say that while my yahoo account does get notifications for threads I have subscribed to I also get a lot for threads where I haven't.  Often new first OP's.

Must have poked something I should not have or is it my irresistible attraction as usual. Er.....

Hi again. Mine on Hotmail seem to have stopped again today. My email address is correct and there's nothing in my junk mail.

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers for all the hard work on our behalf Mike.

Just to confirm I've checked my email which is correct and spam folders which are empty.

Kind regards

Ben

Stopped receiving them again in Hotmail this evening Mike. But they've been all over the place today, sometimes receiving the same notification three times - some going back to Wednesday morning!

Keith

6 hours ago, 3DStewart said:

I've had nothing, but I'm delighted with that as I don't want emails about stuff I don't need to know!

No disrespect meant, but why do you sign up for e-mail notifications to stuff you don't need to know? Why not just disable them? :shrug:

Keith

On 31/12/2017 at 8:17 PM, Ozzy said:

Nothing from hotmail.co.uk either.

Me too, nothing arriving in my @hotmail.co.uk address either!

17 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

No disrespect meant, but why do you sign up for e-mail notifications to stuff you don't need to know? Why not just disable them? :shrug:

Keith

I haven't signed up for any, but I was sternly warned with big red alert to check whether I was receiving any and if not to report on this thread. I wasn't getting any, so added my comment to this thread.

Had a stack through this morning on hotmail.com.

Some old, some newer.

21 hours ago, sloegin57 said:

Notifications OK up until last Monday (08/01/18) now nothing.  email :- dwggr@mail.com.

Odd - when I checked my details, my email addy was missing (yes i had put it in), just back from shopping and all is restored - notifications coming through.

Just started trickling back into my Hotmail.com inbox. First one timed at 12.18 & there had been thirteen posts made in that thread before the one I received the notification for.

Keith

That's a step in the right direction - the incongruity of arrival time is due to the bouncing.  The longer it has been in the wind, the longer the bounce period is.  That's why newer ones arrive before older ones :)

Notfication of PMs now arriving but so far no notifications of threads etc. May need to have a look at my settings, could that be down to user error :)

4 hours ago, Mike said:

That's a step in the right direction - the incongruity of arrival time is due to the bouncing.  The longer it has been in the wind, the longer the bounce period is.  That's why newer ones arrive before older ones :)

Sorry Mike, there wasn't really any incongruity in the arrival time of this noification it arrived more or less the same time the post was made. What I meant was there had been thirteen posts made in the thread with no e-mails, this notification then arrived, I had two more subsequent to that post and then no more.

And they've now stopped again, last e-mail I've had was at 14.22 and there have been quite a few posts made in threads I follow since then, including the one mentioned above.

Keith 

It's all a bit random.  We'll just have to see how it settles down over the next couple of days.  If it's not cured then, we'll revisit it :)

As per your banner, I am still not getting notified. verizon.net is the domain but it is managed by aol.com under the covers.

Thanks 

Howard

I use yahoo.com and only sporadically receive BM email.

Hi Mike,

I don't seem to have had any notifications for several days. Checked my email address in my profile, and my spam box. All looks to be ok. I'm on @aol.com

Cheers.

Hi Mike,

I was receiving some notifications with about 24h delay but since midday yesterday I stopped receiving any notifications. I checked my settings and my e-mail address is correct and the notifications settings are all immediate notification. There's nothing in my spam folder.

Cheers

Jaime