This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Notifications - topics, PMs, etc.

Posted (edited)

Hi Mike, I haven't been getting anything.

I'm live.co.uk

I'd better have a read through all this,

Although I think live is a part of hotmail. Or affiliated?

Edited by rob Lyttle

No, nothing coming through to me, spam folder or anywhere else.

I have got a Gmail address that I don't use.

Wondering if it would be worth swapping over.

You got Gmail working OK?

I thought live.co.uk was part of the M$ conglomerate.  I've got some feedback from Support, which seems to verify that the providers contacted are making inroads.

Gmail used to put our initial emails in Spam, which was proper annoying, but if they're coming through ok now, that's good :)

Verizon - I seem to remember doing some serious fighting with an American ISP to get ourselves unblocked.  I'll add that to our Hosts' list of things to do. ;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike said:

Gmail used to put our initial emails in Spam, which was proper annoying, but if they're coming through ok now, that's good :)

Don't know.

I had a quick look on BM account to see if I can change my email address.

I don't know how!

No surprise there....

😞

Hold on there...!

Think I've just done it!

Let's see if Gmail comes through👍

Edited by rob Lyttle
Progress

9 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Don't know.

I had a quick look on BM account to see if I can change my email address.

I don't know how!

No surprise there....

😞

Go to your username in the top right corner (you have to be logged on for this).  Select Account settings.  Then under Settings, your e-mail address is the second option in the bar on the left-hand side.

Thanks.

Managed to do it as you were typing, and guess what....

Your message was notified to me via Gmail!!

Howzat?

Hi Mike, hit and miss on a hotmail.com e-mail address accessed on-line on Outlook Live and on my PC on Outlook. Some notifications are coming through and some aren't (oddly) nothin in Junk either - any ideas?

Cheers

Nick 

On 1/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, Mike said:

Verizon - I seem to remember doing some serious fighting with an American ISP to get ourselves unblocked.  I'll add that to our Hosts' list of things to do. ;)

verizon.net, but it is really aol.com. Still not getting anything

I'm not receiving anything either. I'm @twc.com (Spectrum, although my checks are made out to Time Warner).

11 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Spectrum

You're veryt unlikely to be able to get on the net with a Speccy, although I believe the new Spectrum Next will have network connectivity :wicked:

I'll add them to our list :(

23 hours ago, Nick Charnock said:

Hi Mike, hit and miss on a hotmail.com e-mail address accessed on-line on Outlook Live and on my PC on Outlook. Some notifications are coming through and some aren't (oddly) nothin in Junk either - any ideas?

I think I'm getting the same the past couple of days, but tbh I haven't checked properly .

However, I've noticed today that post notification mails are weirdly arriving in the wrong order. For instance, from CedB's Boultbee Spitfire thread, I received a notification of post #464 timestamped 21.00, then a notification of post #459 timed at 21.14...!! I thought I was going bonkers clicking on e-mails and finding posts that I'd already read a while before!! :D

Keith

The weird chronological order is probably a result of things bouncing around hither and thither. Each time they bounce, they try again later, with the delay increasing each time. That's how they get out of order... Either that or you've got your emails sorted by size, name or summit ;)

Mike - just saw this.  Haven't had a notification in a while.  Mine is    @eircom.net

Thanks,

Philip

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Either that or you've got your emails sorted by size, name or summit

Hi Mike, yep they're sorted by name, but they've always arrived chronologically before, and still do from all other sites I get notifications from. I've changed the filter back to 'date' (the only option Outlook gives) and will see what it does tomorrow! It's not really a problem, I just find it interesting. I need to get out more! :D

Keith

I'm with AOL and haven't been getting emails. I checked my settings then checked the help section and this must be why.

Hopefully they'll sort it soon.

Regards,

Mark

6 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Backlog of notifications just come through.

Thanks for the feedback Frank :) iif anyone else gets their notifications back, do let us know ;)

I received a notification today, my first for a few days or maybe longer.  I'm on BTInternet

Mike

Starting to work again for me as well. And "Spectrum" is just the new name for Time Warner cable/telephone/internet.

I got our Hosts to add something to our DNS record, which gives others a clue that we're a reputable site. This should start to filter into the DNS of your ISP over the next 24 hours if it hasn't done already, which will then convince a lot of the blocking providers to unblock us :)

I am with BT and I have also received some notifications.

Cheers

Dennis

33 minutes ago, Steve_farrier said:

Hotmail.co.uk obviously auto filtered these there... 

I think Microsoft are more interested in drumming up business for their "partners" than helping genuine mail senders get their emails through. If you find our emails in your junk folders however, there's usually some way of adding an exception for us, either by right-clicking and adding us to safe senders, or some derivative thereof. There are so many email clients out there that I couldn't really be more specific, but they all follow a similar theme when it comes to spam. Add exception, emails formerly deemed spam get to the right place :)

On 1/5/2018 at 10:19 PM, Mike said:

The weird chronological order is probably a result of things bouncing around hither and thither. Each time they bounce, they try again later, with the delay increasing each time. That's how they get out of order... Either that or you've got your emails sorted by size, name or summit ;)

I had another notification of this post at 17:12 this evening (6/1) Mike! It's gone from famine to feast...!! :)

Keith