This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Notifications - topics, PMs, etc.

Hi guys - we were recently forced to change IP address of the site, which has thrown some of the work I did getting our notification emails to go through to a number of providers into disarray :dull:

Some of you won't be getting notified about topics or members you're following, PMs you've received etc., but I'd like to get a handle on who this is affecting.  Can you chime in with your email provider please if they're not on the list below:

outlook.com

aol.com

gmail.com

hotmail.com

yahoo.com

From the little I've been able to glean so far, gmail, outlook/hotmail and possibly yahoo are blocking emails because they've "FORGOTTEN" us due to the changes.  I've set the wheels in motion for cleansing our reputation with aol, gmail and yahoo, but this could take time.  I can't remember whether I've started working on gmail off the top of my head, and outlook/hotmail just want us to "partner" with some reputation company that'll swipe $6,000+ that we don't have :doh:

So - let me know if you're not getting emails, tell me your email provider (if not listed above), and we'll get it sorted :)

OK I'll play Mike, my email is BT and I am not receiving notifications

Cheers

Den

...outlook over here and definitely no message after a pm was received an hour or two back...

Nothing from hotmail.co.uk either.

We've submitted a delist request to Hotmail/Outlook, so I'm hopeful we'll be back online with them in a few days :) I've informed our Hosts of the others you've mentioned so far, but are there any more?

Bump for anyone else not getting notifications.  We need ISP or email provider names from you before we can look into getting us on the whitelist again :)

2 hours ago, Mike said:

We've submitted a delist request to Hotmail/Outlook, so I'm hopeful we'll be back online with them in a few days :)

Touch wood, fingers crossed, your request worked Mike, just received some notifications!

Thanks again for all your efforts in getting this & all the other niggles sorted, especially over the 'festive'period!

Keith

Hi Mike. Just checked and I seem to be getting emails from the site again. Thank you! :thumbsup:

Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello, @Mike. I have a msn.com email, and an email response to a post was sent to junk. That's never happened before. :crosseyed:

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Hello, @Mike. I have a msn.com email, and an email response to a post was sent to junk. That's never happened before. :crosseyed:

Hi Vinnie - it's the address change of the server.  If you add an exception for "@britmodeller.com" to your spam filter in settings (however your email software does that), our emails should start turning up in your inbox again :)

It's a good idea to look in Spam before you mention that you're not getting notifications ;)

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Touch wood, fingers crossed, your request worked Mike, just received some notifications!

Cool! :) Hopefully that's an end to that one, but keep an eye on it to make sure ;)

I don't think I've gotten an email notification from here in a long time. A few years, perhaps. I'm not concerned about though.

I've been retired for over 2.5 years and I visit the forum at least once a day, but usually twice.

Chris

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Cool! :) Hopefully that's an end to that one, but keep an eye on it to make sure ;)

Roger, willco!

10 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

I've been retired for over 2.5 years and I visit the forum at least once a day, but usually twice.

I sometimes think I live on here since I retired - but I need the reminders as otherwise I forget what threads I'm following - like retirement, it's an age thing! :D

Keith

8 hours ago, Mike said:

We've submitted a delist request to Hotmail/Outlook, so I'm hopeful we'll be back online with them in a few days :) I've informed our Hosts of the others you've mentioned so far, but are there any more?

I started getting emails today, after a few days without. Outlook stuck today's ones in the Spam folder.....no surprises there then. I will follow your instructions in the @britmodeller.com part to see what transpires.

Peter

Just now, Blackfordhibby said:

Outlook stuck today's ones in the Spam folder.....no surprises there then.

It really is rubbish - touch wood all mine went straight into my inbox, but I wouldn't bet against tomorrow's going into junk! :D

Keith

Best to be vigilant until you're sure things have settled down :)

...sure enough - just checked and found a pm notification in my junk box on outlook - at least they are getting that far - kind of clicked on the details and saved the email address - so hopefully it now knows I approve of it.  Any chance you could send me a pm mike - just to see if it comes through...

no rush - I'll check tomorrow.

11 hours ago, BIG X said:

...sure enough - just checked and found a pm notification in my junk box on outlook - at least they are getting that far - kind of clicked on the details and saved the email address - so hopefully it now knows I approve of it. 

I'm not sure that will work on its own. What you can do is go into Outlook settings, safe senders, add donotreply@britmodeller.com to the list, click the + symbol and save. Hopefully, that should sort it.

Should do @Vinnie, or at least that makes sense, but this is Micro$oft, so you never know :shrug:

UPDATE - OUTLOOK.COM - just had a pm and it was notified in my outlook account - RESULT:yahoo:

Not getting notifications either. My email is verizon.net, but under the covers Verizon mail is handled by aol.com.