Paragon 1/48 Avro Lincoln

Having made one of these in 1/72 from the DB Models conversion, I am in awe of your work. I'm just starting on the Tamiya Lancaster B.III (Special) and I thought it was big - your Lincoln must be massive! Lovely job.

• Like 1

Superb conversion! We can always count on you to deliver the goods with these big four-engined beasties. I really like your technique for the exhaust staining. That's such a unique feature on these aircraft and I think you've nailed it with your process.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Superb conversion! We can always count on you to deliver the goods with these big four-engined beasties. I really like your technique for the exhaust staining. That's such a unique feature on these aircraft and I think you've nailed it with your process.

Cheers,

Bill

Cheers Bill, 

ive tried different techniques but never seem to get a good grip of them so when in doubt, resort to what you know!

Well, he's gone and done it again! Neil gets a Lincoln conversion done in 1/48th scale, when I can't finish a (fairly) straightforward Lancaster in 1/72nd scale! I suppose actually completing one of my myriad Lancaster/Lincoln/Manchester builds should go on my to-do list for the new year (again).

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Brilliant job on the Lincoln, Neil - Happy New Year!

• Haha 1

Avromungously Lincolntastic Neil!

As everyone else is saying, this is modelling at the highest level! :wow::worthy:

I'm not familiar with the Lincoln (or many military planes for that matter:shrug:) so what are the panoramic windows all about? And the massive bubble under the rear fuselage? Photo reconnaissance would be my guess, probably wrong!

Could you bring this next time we all meet up? I'd love to see it for real as it were.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2018 at 9:32 PM, Learstang said:

Well, he's gone and done it again! Neil gets a Lincoln conversion done in 1/48th scale, when I can't finish a (fairly) straightforward Lancaster in 1/72nd scale! I suppose actually completing one of my myriad Lancaster/Lincoln/Manchester builds should go on my to-do list for the new year (again).

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Brilliant job on the Lincoln, Neil - Happy New Year!

You wouldn’t belive the amount of popcorn I’ve stocked up on ready for your Avros to progress but it’s all gone passed it’s use by date 😂

On 02/01/2018 at 10:46 PM, Turbofan said:

Avromungously Lincolntastic Neil!

As everyone else is saying, this is modelling at the highest level! :wow::worthy:

I'm not familiar with the Lincoln (or many military planes for that matter:shrug:) so what are the panoramic windows all about? And the massive bubble under the rear fuselage? Photo reconnaissance would be my guess, probably wrong!

Could you bring this next time we all meet up? I'd love to see it for real as it were.

Cheers,

Ian

Cheers Ian,

sorry just seen your post, I’ll bring it over sometime when we catch up. The nose on the lincoln apparently improved the speed by 6mph. The Lancaster was going to get that nose as part of its evolution before the lincoln came along....glad it didn’t happen!

• Like 1

Fabulous build, Neil, cannot really add much more to what everybody else has said. I have watched your In-Progress build (with the Manchester too) and have been mightily impressed throughout, has been thoroughly enjoyable following the entire thing. Superb. Topped off with a stunning paint finish too. Fantastic stuff .... :worthy:

You know, it's a funny thing, I designed and manufactured this conversion (and so many others too!!) for something like 20 years, and it never ceased to amaze me exactly how few of these large conversions I actually saw finished and completed. Makes such a refreshing change to see something like this one. I sold bucket loads of these big conversions (Lincoln, Manchester, Hercules Radial Mk II Lancaster, YB-40, SB-17, SB-29, B-50 etc etc etc .... ) but rarely did I ever see any of the darn things actually built!  Could never work it out. For example, I could not make enough of the 1/48 B-50 conversion (based on the B-29) but in all the years I manufactured those conversion sets, I only ever saw THREE actually completed (and one of those was in a magazine article).

Again, well done Sir, you deserve the praise you have received. :yahoo:

(By the way, have you noticed that all the best people are called 'Neil' .... ahem .... !!)

B)

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 1/15/2018 at 7:33 PM, Neil said:

Fabulous build, Neil, cannot really add much more to what everybody else has said. I have watched your In-Progress build (with the Manchester too) and have been mightily impressed throughout, has been thoroughly enjoyable following the entire thing. Superb. Topped off with a stunning paint finish too. Fantastic stuff .... :worthy:

You know, it's a funny thing, I designed and manufactured this conversion (and so many others too!!) for something like 20 years, and it never ceased to amaze me exactly how few of these large conversions I actually saw finished and completed. Makes such a refreshing change to see something like this one. I sold bucket loads of these big conversions (Lincoln, Manchester, Hercules Radial Mk II Lancaster, YB-40, SB-17, SB-29, B-50 etc etc etc .... ) but rarely did I ever see any of the darn things actually built!  Could never work it out. For example, I could not make enough of the 1/48 B-50 conversion (based on the B-29) but in all the years I manufactured those conversion sets, I only ever saw THREE actually completed (and one of those was in a magazine article).

Again, well done Sir, you deserve the praise you have received. :yahoo:

(By the way, have you noticed that all the best people are called 'Neil' .... ahem .... !!)

B)

Sorry, I've just seen your post Neil (4 years on 🥴), my thoughts too, did many of these get built? I did the Manchester conversion too, in this scale, they have a real impact on a display table. I've never seen the B50 conversion so that's something new on me. I'd love to see more of these builds posted.

Neil's a great name 😂

On 8/11/2022 at 10:34 AM, Planes123 said:

Very nicely done Neil!!! 👍🏻

On 8/12/2022 at 3:59 AM, 28ZComeback said:

This made my day!! I sure wish I could find a Paragon conversion set!!!   

These things are like the Holy Grale! Blackbird models does sets for the 72 scale conversions and believe he is looking to do a Manchester for the HK 1/48 Lanc. Who knows, we might see a big Lincoln too at some point :)

• Thanks 1