Shipyard Works Wooden Decks

winker

Hi   this is my first post so if it is in the wrong section please accept my apologies.   I have used wooden decks before, but completely stumped on this.   I have the Shipyard Works 1/350 wooden deck for HMS Dreadnought 1907, when I removed the plastic backing the actual wood was not sticky, just wood.   Have I done something wrong or is the product faulty.   Any light or suggestions anyone could give me would be very much appreciated.   Happy new year to you all

• Like 1

You are definitely in the right spot mate! They’re mad on HMS Dreadnought in here!

I can’t help you, but if it’s anything to do with either dreadnought or an MTB there’s a whole bleeding Navy of experts who will be fighting each other to help you!😀🤪

Happy new year and welcome to Britmodeller!

• Like 1

I am in the middle of building my first ship, and yes - it is HMS Dreadnought. But I've got a wooden deck from Hunter, and when you remove the film it is sticky. I am not having any Shipyard deck for try this help You, sorry. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/9/2018 at 7:30 PM, winker said:

Thanks for the replies. It must have been a one off.

It's not a one off, just checked my 1/350 Scharnhorst one and thats the same, no adhesive on the wooden deck.Will have to do some research on the best way to fix it.

Although you do also get a pre cut deck masking sheet for the kit with it which is sticky 😀