Zvezda 2018 catalogue

kotey

As a 1/72 AFV modeller I was expecting the proverbial 'nothing-burger' ('nothing-borscht'?) here, but a new Pz.IV Ausf H is welcome, as is the T-35, especially if it is a bit more detailed than the impressive but basic offering from S-Model.....I'm pretty confident that their 1/72 Armata will be popular too.  B)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 12by12 said:

The MiG-15 catalog pic shows the Dragon box art.  Convenient placeholder pic or same old kit?

At this point consensus is that it is a Dragon kit.

6 hours ago, Botan said:

At this point consensus is that it is a Dragon kit.

That’s a truly horrible and mis-shapened kit. Deserves a decent burial, not a re-issue.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Phantome said:

Kinda hoping for that myself. That said the Trumpeter kit is mighty fine too...

It's not bad, but for some reason, while the Zvezda 9.13 and 9.19 are roughly at the same price point as the corresponding Trumpeter kits at around €20, the Trumpy UB is a whopping €30.

Cheers,

Andre

19 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Surely you mean F-35s.....Apparently they are vastly better at providing close air support than the puny (& nowhere near as profitable for the shareholders) A-10 Warthog!  :poke:

I think they said something similar about the Phantom replacing the Skyraider for CAS. That also didn't go well and the Double Ugly was a much more capable machine in it's day....

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 5:00 AM, Hook said:

It's not bad, but for some reason, while the Zvezda 9.13 and 9.19 are roughly at the same price point as the corresponding Trumpeter kits at around €20, the Trumpy UB is a whopping €30.

Cheers,

Andre

Not only that but they jacked up the price quite considerably after the first couple of released. I think the 9.12 came out at £17.99 or so (often a bit cheaper) and then jumped to around £22.99. Not sure who as the marketing genius at Trumpeter or Trumpeter's distributor who decided that just as the competition came out with a (in many ways) superior kit.

3 hours ago, Phantome said:

Not only that but they jacked up the price quite considerably after the first couple of released. I think the 9.12 came out at £17.99 or so (often a bit cheaper) and then jumped to around £22.99. Not sure who as the marketing genius at Trumpeter or Trumpeter's distributor who decided that just as the competition came out with a (in many ways) superior kit.

The distributor, most likely.

And it's a simple matter of market - as long as we modelers keep buying the Trumpeter kits for the current price level, they will remain firmly there.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hook said:

The distributor, most likely.

And it's a simple matter of market - as long as we modelers keep buying the Trumpeter kits for the current price level, they will remain firmly there.

Cheers,

Andre

They are frequently not in stock here in the UK, unlike Zvezda's. The 9.17 was in stock for a couple of weeks and then practically disappeared and has only appeared sporadically. They're not easy to find which makes the price hike all the more surprising.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a Zvezda 9.12 soon so I can get my full Fulcrum fix anytime (having said that I do have some issues with the Zvezda Fulcrums, they are far from perfect, and Trumpeters' are a more pleasant build overall despite their accuracy issues).

• 4 months later...

I´d happily shop for a trio of their Ju 88 A:s in 1:72 but they seem to have vanished from Earth. Their website shows both the A-4 and A-5/A-17 kit with remark "OTCYTCTBYET", though in cyrillics but it looks a lot like how I wrote it. Could someone of our Russian speakers please translate what that means? Thanks in advance, V-P 

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

"OTCYTCTBYET" Could someone of our Russian speakers please translate what that means? Thanks in advance, V-P 

Out of stock. Quick look to the russian i-net shops shows rare presence of the A-4. A-5/A-17 kit is absent for long time.

• Thanks 1