The Knight

The Knight

Holiday Greetings,

Although I browse many sites, this is the first one I have joined.  I am in Canada and a long time modeller.  I can produce a decent result from most kits but I am not a contest winner.  My area of interest is WWII aircraft in general and very much in the Finnish Air Force.  I have studied the Finnish Winter War and Continuation War closely and admire the amazing results that the Finns had accomplished on land and in the air.  I recently completed an old Hasegawa kit of a Finnish 1/48 Fiat g.50 that wore a combination of Italian and Finnish camo; strange but lovely in a weird sort of way.  There is also a Finnish Stug III in my stash. Also underway is a 1/350 WWII RN Tribal Class destroyer but it is a different challenge from aircraft (yes, I do mean PE deck railings). It will be with white and light blue arctic camouflage used on the Murmansk Run.

I truly look forward to reading your news and views and I will share whatever I have to add.  Photos to come later.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello Knight ... welcome to Britmodeller from Chicago. I to am a WW2 and cold war aircraft & armor builder. Im not sure if you are interested in group builds at all ? But there is one in the group build chat section concerning your area of interest. Even if you arent interested in joining. Im sure you would enjoy some of the ideas proposed in it. Have a great modeling day. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle