Westland Lysander. Testors, 1/48.

Artie

I really enjoyed building this old lady. The old Hawk/Testors kit had some kind of appeal that forced me to build it. I tried to enhance the cockpit interior with some leftover parts from my brother's Gavia kit. It was painted with Humbrol enamels, and the weathering was kept to a minimun (frankly, I was very lazy when reached that point, and wanted to finish it  quickly)....

39347653602_78b11db6cb_c.jpgIMGP0076 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

24512383907_b7cc3520c5_c.jpgIMGP0079 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

39377223361_44efec82fb_c.jpgIMGP0083 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

24512345137_4321315615_c.jpgIMGP0082 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

• Like 36

I agree with Vinnie - this is a model I would be proud to have made! Good job well done! :goodjob:

Ever since I build the Matchbox kit oh so many moons ago :crying:, the Lysander has been a personal favourite of mine, and you model does it justice!:D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

The old Hawk kit is not so bad, it works well for the Lysander. I just have to remember to stick the wings on not front to back, when I do one. Great model, love it!! (do you have the right no. of rocker arm covers on the cowling....... ?)   :D

I love the Lysander and you have done a great job on this build.

I really like the way you have weathered/highlighted the running of the rear canopy through the main fuselage roundels.

Very thoughtful and looks very authentic

Cheers

Bruce

Hi all...!!!!!

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I'm so glad you've liked it, it gives me the strength to go on with some other oldies still waiting in my never ending pile of unfinished kits.....

I really enjoy building these old kits and tyring to update them, with my limited skills and resources.....and it's not a case of not having Tamiya or Eduard kits in my stash.....the strange thing is that I always end up choosing one of the old ladies when it comes to start a new project...

Best regards from (not so sunny as usual) Tenerife....!!!!!

Edited by Artie