Quick Build: Lifting Bodies Part 5 Anigrand M2-F2 1/72

hsr

Well, I was supposed to build the Italeri F-21A AKA Kfir C1 kit next, and I started it, but I was unhappy with the way the build was going and then there was a tragic solvent spill and all I was able to salvage was the interior.

So I had to order another one and while I was at it I ordered DNModels' painting mask and canopy mask and while the new kit has arrived the masks won't get here until late January.

In the mean time I decided to do a few quick builds. The first one is the Anigrand M2-F2 lifting body. I had previously build the HL-10, X24A and B, and the M2-F3 and since the differences between the M2-F2 and the M2-F3 are minor I figured that was enough. But the competist in my said I really had to do the M2-F2. The M2-F2 was what the designer, R. Dale Reed, called and "angry machine" and it had stability issues that lead to it crashing on landing, made famous by the Six Million Dollar Man TV show. In the real crash the pilot survived with the loss of an eye due to infection.

There were no major  issues with the kit. It has a nice interior, but since the Anigrand canopy is translucent at best with a lot of internal bubble,  I didn't spend a lot of time on it. The body is divided into a top and bottom half and the top half is just a little too short in the rear, but that was fixed with a strip or styrene.  The decals were excellent. From start to finish was 8 days. And here it is;

8PzgMs9r_o.jpgl6MztSjb_o.jpg

erMGmNKb_o.jpg

Next I am going to be working on the Platz RQ-4B Global Hawk drone which has no canopy or interior to mess up :D

Enjoy.

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

hsr,

OMG..:wub::yikes::clap2:

I LOVE THAT..exactly what I wanted someone to build... you Sir have made MY day .

thank you ..

It's very RESPLENDENT... STUNNING looking Flying  Pancake ..

just   :wow:

KUDOS.:worthy::worthy:

Edited by HOUSTON
Spelling error..
  • Thanks 1