Italian Nieuport 17 (Eduard)

My final build of 2017.  This is the second half of the Dual Combo Kit that was gifted to me by my mentor Ken Henderson.

The model is built OOB using only the kit supplied p/e m/g mount and windscreen. (I really loathe p/e)  Painted with MM Aluminum lacquer and enamels.  No decals were used.  It is rigged with .005 Ethicon stainless steel.

I hope you like #28 for the year.

IMG_2400_zps5birartv.jpg

IMG_2401_zpsiyayrap0.jpg

IMG_2402_zps8yc5sfe5.jpg

IMG_2403_zpsvtynhrwe.jpg

IMG_2404_zpse84catdd.jpg

Edited by Les Moore
  • Like 17

Very good work, particularly for 1/72 scale ( I'm guessing based on the photos ). I have the 1/48 version and am looking forward to building it.      Bob H.

• Thanks 1

Nicely done and favourite of mine.  Love the painted markings!  

I think the rigging might be a little off...check the Datafiles (Nieuport Fighters Vol. 1) for this.  Two lines run from the top wing cabanes down to the bottom of the V-strut; two lines run from the top of the V-strut to the fuselage--one connecting to the top of the front landing gear spar (which you have done) and the other to the fuselage mid-lower wing area, not the other landing gear strut.  I'm a stickler for rigging.

I see...hmmm...I just looked at the pdf of the Eduard rigging and it never occurred to me to question their layout.  Funny...according to all the photos in the Windsock Datafile, the Eduard rigging is slightly wrong.  Weird.

Still....you build up a very pretty bird and the Nieuports hold a special place in my heart.^_^

A tiny, beautiful build and a sober paint scheme. What's not to like?

Congrats!

JR

• Thanks 1