MFH 1/12 McLaren Mp4/5b 1990 Monaco

PC2012

1 hour ago, PC2012 said:

I'm actually on holiday for a few days and I've brought my Maserati with me I thought in the evening I could do some work on the, windscreen.

Sad huh?

Not at all. You are not alone, I travel much and sometimes i bring bits and pieces to play with in the evenings when not too tired from the day.

Also why should you call it a holiday if you can't do as you please ?

great looking engine 

cheers 

Sam

I need some help from you gentlemen. I couldn't get the colour right on the carburettor trumpets. so I soaked them in tea for a day. What I want to know is does the colour look right, because I couldn't think of any other way of doing it?

throt1_zpsyqfoawkn.jpg

throt2_zpsasjga9rk.jpg

throt3_zps3wdh9fhk.jpg  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, PC2012 said:

What I want to know is does the colour look right, because I couldn't think of any other way of doing it?

Looks (remarkably!) like most road car butterflies I've ever seen - though most contemporary pictures of F1 cars have these bits looking surgically clean. I think it was the era when they'd have multiple engines per race at their disposal. I suppose it depends on whether you're depicting a museum car (though the one's in Woking always look brand new) or as it was during the 1990 race weekend.

Fab work though - I'm very jealous.

Kirk

Looks about spot-on to me, mate!! Coffee works well, too!! I once saw a vid on youtube where a guy made the head of a stainless-steel screw go black with coffee, a flame and a buffing wheel. It's amazing what can be achieved with household items.

Cheers, H

Thanks for your input everyone 😁 Harvey, I was looking at my wife's metal teapot thinking. That's exactly the effect I want. Now how on earth can I get that! Duh...lol

Oh and thanks for the link...

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Had something like that happen with Hasegawa decals, I think I put too much mocrosol on and over worked the decal.Left the decal to dry overnight and went over it with some more mircoso gently with a soft brush, you could still see the blimishes at first but as it dried out they disappeared.

Hope this works out for yours.

• Like 2

Thank you for all your input. Well it may be a little better but it's still there! That leaves me with a choice try and get it off, or paint it with one of the following: Intermediate gauzy agent, glass coat gauzy agent or micro Krista klear. What do you think?